The Pain Never Stops

Jax's POV

I woke up to a voice in my head. I looked over to Barriss who was fast asleep. Axle and Ahsoka were most likely still asleep on their ship. The voice echoed all over the walls. I walked over to the refresher and turned on the sink. I looked in the mirror. A dark figure stared back. It wasn't me. Yellow eyes glowed softly in the dark. I splashed water on my face and the dark, yellow eyed figure was gone. "You have your purpose." The voice whispered clearer.

Barriss woke up, "So that wasn't a dream?" I walked over to her and softly brushed her hair, "No. They're across the airlock on their ship." She yawned and laid her head against my chest, "I don't know why I did it. I don't know why I betrayed them." "You were showing the galaxy what the Jedi have become." I answered. "But I did it in the wrong way." She responded. I looked into her eyes, "I can't agree with the way you went about it, but I will protect you from unnecessary consequences."

My commlink beeped, "Hey Jax.....I'm sorry for the way I acted yesterday." I grabbed the communication device, "Axle, it's ok. No apology necessary. I know you can't trust us anymore." Axle sighed, "Don't take it personal. After everything that's happened.......Ahsoka and I don't want to get hurt again from another trustworthy relationship with others. We'll be heading out for the Ring of Kafrene in a couple hours. Rebel intelligence there states that there could be some important information." "Ok, we're happy to help." I replied. "Thanks." Axle answered and ended the transmission. I crawled back into bed with Barriss.

Axle's POV

I set my commlink down on the nightstand. I laid my head back on the soft pillow. Ahsoka moved on top of me. Our heads are the only thing out from under the blankets. The friction between our smooth skin placed our minds back on that perfect, unnamed planet. The weight of our bodies sank into the mattress. Her lekku draped down on my shoulders. I thought I'd be so happy to see since Jax again, but I wasn't. In fact I wanted to stay away from him. To me he died during the purge. It's like all these friends that I have made peace with are coming back. I know Ahsoka feels the same way.

Ahsoka's POV

It was too cold to remove the covers. Our warmth underneath flowed inside of us. More memories came flooding back as we continued. The time Barriss and I talked in the shower about Axle's relationship towards me. The time all three of us worked together to save the medical frigate heading to Ord Sestis from infected Geonosian worms. All those great times Me, Axle, Barriss, Jax, Kaleb, Kalir, and Quin would have together. Our friction increased as more pain came through our minds.

...........................................................................................................................

Axle's POV

The streets on the Ring of Kafrene were hot and stuffy. It was similar to Coruscant's undercities. Back when Ahsoka and I used to live in our small apartment and Craig's Repair Shop a few months after. We haven't been back to Coruscant since the Siege of Mandalore. I remembered meeting Ahsoka at the Martez sister's repair hangar. She ran into my arms so happy to see me again. The only people that we can trust are each other. After the loss of Anakin, we struggled with our relationship. We both thought that it would be best not to be together anymore because we don't want to get hurt again with another loss. Ahsoka was very worried that I would be lost to the dark side as Anakin was. But we both knew that it would be harder without each other. We are lone wolves, but are united by love. Ahsoka cannot be lost to the darkness as she is pure light. I can drift either way, but I would never in my lifetime leave Ahsoka's side. Wherever she goes I go. I remember feeling jealous of Lux when he and Ahsoka flirt together. Ahsoka did eventually tell me he had a crush on him, but I was the one for her. He was only a crush and I was her true partner. I still can't picture Lux and Ahsoka together. Looking at them together made me feel so....alone.