Chapter 4

(~ A/N I only own what I make~)

Thursday. Tomorrow is Mal's birthday

Mal's pov

"Mal it's your turn to sing" the teacher tells me and points to the front of the class. I look at Evie and she nods so I stand up and walk to the front. I take a deep breath and start singing 

"There's a fire starting in my heart

Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go 'head and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare
See how I leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do
There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch and its bringing me out the dark The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love they leave me breathless, I can't help feeling
We could have had it all (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside of your hand (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
And you played it to the beat (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)Baby I have no story to be told
But I've heard one on you and I'm gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair
Making a home down there 'cause mine sure won't be shared The scars of your love remind me of us (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
The scars of your love they leave me breathless, I can't help feeling
We could have had it all (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside of your hand (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
And you played it to the beat (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)We could've had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside your hand
But you played it with a beating Throw your soul through every open door
Count your blessings to find what you look for
Turned my sorrow into treasured gold
You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow we could've had it all
We could've had it all (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
It all, it all, it all, (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
We could have had it all (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside of your hand (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
And you played it to the beat (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)We could've had it all (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
Rolling in the deep (tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
You had my heart inside your hand (you're gonna wish you never had met me)
But you played it, you played it, you played it, you played it
To the beat"

(Adele rolling in the deep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ_1y3iNvwc)

 I finish and smile as the Bell ring. I go back to my seat and grab my bag. "Mal can you stay Behind for a minute" Miss Lee says. Evie mouth to me that she will wait for me outside. I nod and wait for Everyone to leave. "Mal" "Yes Miss Lee" "Could you maybe join our singing competition where we go up against other schools." I nod "Yes I don't see why not" "Great come to me after school later I will pass you all the songs we will be putting forward. No one knows the songs and we haven't decided who will be in what part yet and could I maybe release what you just sung" I nod " Yes. Thanks miss bye" I walk out and start to walk to lunch with Evie "What did she want?" Evie asked "For me to join the school in the singing competition against the other schools. I've got to go back to her later. I tell the same thing to Ben when I get to lunch and he tells me he is in the singing in it to.

End of school day

"I will meet you all in the dorm later I have to meet with Miss Lee" I say and walk of to Miss Lee's room knock knock knock "Come in" I hear "Hey Miss Lee" "Mal you came. So here are the songs. There are 5 sections to the competition Male solo, Female solo, duet, Trio and group" "Okay thank you miss" I say and take a slow walk up to my dorm where everyone is. The female solo song is I have nothing, the duet song is Ain't no mountain high enough. The trio song is Masterpiece and the group song is Power. They are all the songs I can sing. I put them in my bag when I get to my dorm. "Hey guys!" I say and put my bag in the wardrobe I walk over to Ben and sit on his knees. "Hey you okay" he whispers in my ear and I nod.