Because I can Never Get it Back

BRUGES

December 22; 20:08 CET

"Damen und Herren! Madame et monsieurs. Ladies and gentlemen." A voice rang throughout the whole tent and then a puff of smoke boom! And the ringmaster of the circus walked through the smoke. " Welcome to the Haly International Traveling Circus! Where the world of the center ring is your oyster. And these are our latest pearls... the Daring Dangers." The spotlight shines off on Robin as the trapeze swings over to him. "Dan Danger!" Robin then jumps off the platform and does a flip thingy, and passes M'gann who is shapeshifted as someone else. "Dawn Danger!" The spotlight then shines onto Artemis who has three arrows draw, "Diane Danger." Then to Roy who also has the three arrows drawback. "Dane Danger!" The light then goes to Marie who was balancing on top of a ball while holding several sticks with spinning plates on top of them, "Daphne Danger! And Dean Danger." And finally, Connor holding two barrels and then throwing them into the air them in the air. Marie grabs several off her plates and tosses them into the air just as Roy and Artemis release their arrows. M'gann and Robin pass through the barrels easily and the arrows barely missing them as they shoot the plates, shattering them. "You'll never see another trapeze act like this folks. And all performed without a net." As the ringmaster said that, Robin went to grab M'gann's hands but they missed each other by an inch, and Robin began to fall several feet off the ground.

"Robin!" M'gann gasps as she watches her teammate fall. The crowd began to scream in panic as Robin gets closer to being a pancake. Marie was about to fly up and catch him.

"Don't blow our cover," Robin ordered, seeing Marie getting ready to take off into flight.

"But saving your life's okay?" Connor tosses a barrel up at Robin, he grabs onto the container as it brings him back up to M'gann, who has her arms out to him. The Martain grabs his hands in her's and the crowd cheers, Marie let's out a breath of relief with a smile.

"What did I just say?" Robin scolded her.

"The crowd couldn't see me use telekinesis from below." M'gann retorts, "Besides, I've been using it all night." The two of them land onto the platform and they begin to wave to the crowd. "I'm not exactly the acrobat you are."

"Yeah, neither am I, right now," Robin told her. "I think I caught that 24-hour bug that's been going around the circus. But the show must go on."

FLASHBACK

"Advanced weapons tech has been stolen at manufacturing plants throughout Europe and each theft coincides with tours stops made by the Haly Circus." Robin had called Artemis, Spirit, Ms. Martian, and Superboy for a mission.

"Wait isn't that where-" Spirit started with a furrowed brows.

"Batman's sending us undercover to catch the thieves." Robin interrupts giving her a look. Spirit shuts her mouth quickly, looking away, as she almost gives his secret identity away.

"This clown car has room for one more?" Red Arrow comes up from behind the boy wonder.

"No." Spirit crosses her arms, glaring at the archer.

"Uh, we've got this covered," Robin tells him which causing a smile to grow on Spirit's face.

"You've got the mission covered but who's covering the four potential mole suspects you're bringing along?" Roy whispers to Robin.

Spirit furrows her brows at Red Arrow, before whispering to herself. "Four? What have I done to him?"

FLASHBACK CLOSE

"Put your hands together for the Daring Dangers." The ringmaster gestures behind him where, Connor, Artemis, Marie, Robin, M'gann, and Roy stand waving at the crowd.