Everly:CH19: Surrendering Part 2

"Hey Everly," his voice is soothing and coaxes me out of my daze. Focusing, I see him standing before me. We're in the garden. The sunlight is shinning down on Bastian. He looks happy and healthy.

Reaching out I stand from the marble bench and clasp his warm hands. Everything about him is inviting and kind. I've never felt this from him before. It's nice compared to the constant frustration and resentment.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Nowhere," he replies as one hand moves and rests on my hip, the other still grasping my right hand.

The serenity is intoxicating. The beautiful colourful flowers and lushes green trees are practically pulsating with life and instead of wreaking havoc, the various different scents are mixing in perfect harmony.

Wait. . . he wants us to dance? But there's no music.

"Wait for it," he leans closer, speaking softly.

Right on queue birds begin whistling in a melodic tune, in perfect synchronicity. For a moment it's absolutely perfect until the horror begins to flash in my mind. The blood. Bastian's sickly state. My dire predicament.

"Don't," his hands grasp my face gently.

"I'm dying aren't I?"

Shock, sadness and relief all hit me at once. Thinking about how long I've been fighting for, at first it's a relief but I don't want to die. There has to be something I can do, that someone can do, that anyone can do.

Who am I kidding. It's better this way. I won't be a burden to anyone anymore, especially Bastian. He didn't ask to be linked to me, to someone with no hope. I don't want to bring him down with me. My arms begin to burn and the words start appearing on my arms just as bloody and fresh as when I had last seen them.

"I'm sorry Everly," Bastian grips my chin. He changes before my eyes, and his sickly eyes demand my attention and focus.

"You have nothing to apologise for, I-"

Bastian cuts me off, "Please just listen to me, we don't have much time. It's going to hurt a lot at first but-"

Panic floods through me. The jolt of energy causing my eyes to snap open as I sit up in bed and scan the room eagerly and desperately for Bastian. My arms are bandaged, although they look clean, unlike the bin full of bloody rags. Dr. Sahari is looking over notes on her clipboard.

What did he mean?

I'm meant to be dead.

"Where is he?"

Blood squirts from my hand as I pull out the needle and throw it aside although it doesn't last for long. There's no pain, only dizziness as I rush to stand on my feet only to be held back by Zahari as if I'm a small child even though she isn't that much taller than me. Doc easily forces me back onto the bed.

"You need to rest Everly," she says sternly while grabbing a needle from the tray sitting nearby.

The exposed veins in my arms are glowing purple as the magical liquid pumps through my body, around and around not only healing but energising the cells in my body to the point I feel as if 

I'm vibrating.

"Where's Bastian?" I ask for a second time.

"He's resting like you should be."

Relief and joy flood through me as I release the breath I was holding. That means he isn't dead.

"Bastian is going to be okay right?"