Mara:CH12: Polly's Night

I'm not pregnant yet.

After last night, however, I'm not too worried. The number of loads Wesley shot inside me, I'm sure something will come of it, if I just give it time besides feeding myself to the revenant's fledglings gave me major points, I just know it.

Deciding not to visit Wesley, I choose to sneak through Polly's window instead. She's too trusting and has it open a small crack, it's all I need. Sliding the glass slowly and quietly it's easy to maneuver my body through and over the windowsill, landing with a quiet thud. It's not enough to wake her.

Darkness has me reaching out with my arms and legs until my foot collides with the bed. It doesn't take me long since the room itself is large. I barely muffle her scream in time, covering her mouth with my hand.

"It's okay Polly," I say gently. Knowing she will recognise my voice upon hearing it. I move my hand away and activate the moonstone, it's half the size of my head and perfectly round with wooden legs to keep it stable upon the bedside table, the red glow dim but enough to illuminate my face clearly.

"You nearly scared me to death, how did you-" Polly starts but I press my finger against her soft wondrous lips, shushing her. 

"I need to talk to you about something that is going to sound completely crazy, but you trust me right?"

Polly simply nods. I hope she believes me.

**********

"You understand right?" I ask.

Sitting at the mahogany kitchen table, across from one another, we're sipping hot tea and Polly is trying to come to terms with the news I just shared. I can practically hear her mind rattling away.

Being so close, her hands within arms reach is making it hard to concentrate. She's so beautiful, in every single way. The combination of her beautiful brown eyes and luxurious blonde hair is jaw-dropping. A woman as sexy as her shouldn't be alone. Polly deserves to be worshiped. If Everly hadn't ignored her magic, Everly wouldn't be in this mess, but I'm not going to complain because now Polly is all mine.

"Yeah, but are you sure we shouldn't, I don't know leave and try to find someone that can actually help?" Polly's eye are full of worry and concern.

"I'm the only one that can do anything about it. It's all going to work out for the better, I promise," I give her a reassuring smile, and Polly nods her head, her faith in me completely restored, the doubt gone.

"At least it all makes sense now," Polly sighs in relief.

Pink lace, her nightdress has a V-shaped neckline, pushing up her cleavage as she rests her arms underneath her breasts. I want to ravish her right here, right now on the kitchen table, all over the house and in every room on every surface, but I'm not going to rush it.

Our first time has to be perfect in every way possible. I want it to be my last memory before undergoing the metamorphosis. As much as I love Polly, she's ordinary and I have an extended life span compared to hers. Sure I might die early, but if not well it's better to lose her now, rather then after a long happy life together.

"We have to be careful, you have to be careful. I was serious when I said you can't trust Everly," I remind her. I meant every word I said.

"Of course, I believe you, Mara."

Standing to my feet, I circle the table and stop once I'm standing behind her. I can smell the apple from her conditioner as I run my hands through her hair, massaging the scalp with my fingertips, it feels like silk between my fingers. The sweet smell is so aromatic, fresh, sweet and almost intoxicating.