Everly: CH16: Betrayed Part 1

"Oh Kal," I practically purr. My voice is barely audible as her lips place kisses along my neck, working her way up towards my jaw before reaching my lips once more. My hands run through her luscious dark brown locks as my legs squeeze against her thighs, bringing us together as close as humanely possible.

Everything about her is intoxicating; the sweet scent of berries and vanilla mingling in perfect harmony, the subtle taste of her lavender moisturiser as my lips and tongue taste her body and fingertips feel the softness of her creamy skin under my grip.

"This is just a one-time thing right?" she says breathlessly.

I've never felt so light and dizzy before, like I could be picked up by even the slightest gust of wind and carried away, over the continent to the Radke Isles- a bunch of small and cluttered islands that a lot of water elementals call home.

One time thing? But I want more.

As if I've no control, a voice that is not my own replies, "Sure, whatever you want Kal."

It was at that moment I realised it wasn't just a dream or a fantasy but I was unintentionally spying on Bastian. He was hooking up with Kahli while I was sleeping. His pleasure was mine, and I wanted them both. Either Bastian didn't notice or he didn't care that I was there too. I felt it all and tasted everything watching the pleasure surface on Kahli's face as she took control, and thrust against him.

"Everly?"

Kahli brings me back to reality. I can't help but think about her and Bastian together, it's near impossible not to considering I'm constantly looking at Kahli's reflection in the portable mirror sitting on the desk in front of me. Her fingers are working meticulously styling my hair for the Establishment Day Celebration.

Stop picturing her naked! I silently order myself.

"She'll never go for you. Bastian only tolerates you because of the connection," Karma's voice sounds like a whisper in my ear. I try to slyly search the room for my tormentor but there's only two of us in the room, thankfully.

"I' m sorry. I guess I didn't sleep well last night," I shrug it off and hope she doesn't think anything of my burning red cheeks.

With the front braid already done and pinned behind my ear, Kal is tying in sparkling purple thread throughout my white-grey hair. It matches the woven thread in my braid perfectly. I can't remember the last time I braided my hair myself or took the effort to look nice.

Kahli has been working on me for the past hour. Purple and gold, the eyeshadow is blended meticulously while the highlighter on my cheeks sparkling like diamonds. Kahli is a miracle worker. I don't look horrible for a change.

"Alright, the dress is next. Open the box," she instructs.

Reaching out in front of me I grab the light blue cardboard box sitting on the desk. I've been itching to open it since Kahli first placed it down. I'm surprised she was able to find a dress in my size. There's no way one was made with such short notice.

What?! This can't be right. How did I forget about what used to be my favourite dress?!

Dark purple, the chest is still perfect showing off just enough cleavage without pushing up my boobs too much. With off the shoulder straps measuring the width of my hand, it's pinched in at the waist with a thin gold belt. I had it hemmed to reach my ankles instead of dragging along the ground. Something is also different about it but in a good way. Recalling the last time I wore it my mind finally clicks as my eyes trace over the bodice. Gold sheer lace has been added to the sleeves. You can still see the purple underneath but it adds a bit of puff- the perfect amount.