《29》

┬┴┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

~·~·~·~

Chirping of the birds greeted the young saintess as she took a stroll along her home. The wind was breezy and the sun was warm. Everything in this place was just so peaceful and nice.

The Holy Garden, home of the Saintess and the High Priest.

(Y/N)'s home.

"Saintess, the High Priest asked if you were free tonight." A servant adorned in white robes asked as she bowed to the saintess who gently admired the peonies.

"Michikatsu?" (Y/N) asked as she turned to the woman. "Well, of course! If I can spend time with my family, then I'm always free!"

"Then, I shall relay the message to the high priest, saintess." She said before bowing once again. But before she left, (Y/N) called for her. "Yes? Is there something you wish for, saintess?"

"Well, not really a wish." (Y/N) said with a chuckle as she placed the peony on the servant's hair. "There, a little present for you and your child."

"..." The servant seemed to be surprised at the girl's actions, but she smiled dearly and thanked her for the gift. "I shall be on my way, I hope that you have a great day, Saintess."

"And to you as well." (Y/N) waved goodbye and continued her walk. 'The three still haven't finished their studies... so I can't go and visit them... I really miss playing with them...'

(Y/N) stopped in her tracks as she stared at the sky. It was... strange... the sky in the Holy Garden was always so sunny and bright, mimicking the outside of the Garden. But it was somehow dark and... acting strangely. [bruh- why was sunny written as cunny? K1, explain this shit]

'Something is.... Entering.' (Y/N) knew exactly what that reaction from the barrier ment. This happened once before, but the intruder, fortunately, got... taken care of by the barrier. As bad as that sounds, it was much better than taking divine punishment.

(Y/N) took a turn as she began to wonder at the large forest, looking for the weak spot that has appeared within the barrier.

"Where is it?" (Y/N) asked herself as she wandered at the edge of the barrier, feeling where the magic had weakened. She hoped to find it as fast as possible, and help whoever got injured. If they were still alive, of course.

But as she made her way to a weaker part, she saw a figure on the grass. She gasped and immediately ran up to the unconscious person and turned them on their back. But that was when she noticed.... "A.... demon...?"

The person that had snuck in was a... demon. The human's natural enemy. And there was one right in front of her. She could see burn marks of the barrier that had inflicted on his face and arms. Part of his clothes also seemed to have gotten burnt. But it was strange....

Demons usually heal almost immediately after getting injured.

"Ah right... of course...." (Y/N) nodded, remembering how holy magic is the only type of magic demons can't heal from. But it was strange how this demon had scars... on his face, mostly. "...I shouldn't meddle in this..."

But she felt bad. She couldn't leave this person here.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe here..." She whispered, slowly lifting the body up with magic and leading him to the middle where she would be able to help him.

But after taking a few steps in, (Y/N) could feel dark magic slowly getting stronger and stronger. And within a flash, that accumulating magic made an explosion of such strong air.

"Barrier." (Y/N) muttered, releasing her own magic and creating a barrier around the surrounding, keeping the explosion in and saving the forest from being destroyed, as well as protecting the animals from being diced. "Please do not cause a ruckus here, this is a sacred place."

"Ho... so I really made it huh..." The guy said, his voice raspy and deep as he stood in front of (Y/N) with a smirk.

(Y/N) did not mirror his look. She looked worried and angry. The animals here put in such danger she wanted to scold the demon.

"I'm guessing from what you're wearing... you're the saintess, aren't you?" She asked, bringing his finger on his lips before he bit down on it, letting his blood ooze out. "I'll just have to kill you then!! Thanks a lot for offering yourself you dumb bitch!"

Without a warning, the demon had launched to (Y/N) who stayed put in her place. On the demon's hand, a small dagger began to form. It was such a pretty dagger. A black blade that was sharp enough to pierce through an ancient's skin. And the red writing on it, (Y/N) could make it up as an ancient language and it translated to 'corruption'.

"Die you stupid fucker!" The demon cackled as he swung his dagger to the saintess. But the moment he got close, a barrier got put up, protecting the girl and sending back the demon. "What the..."

"Please stop, you will only hurt yourself...." (Y/N) whispered, her eyes reflecting pity on the demon as he stood up, blood dripping from his lip as he bit it in frustration.

But he did not listen and kept pushing forward, trying to break (Y/N)'s protection with his magic. But every time his magic came in contact with hers, it barely did anything.

(Y/N) stood still, watching as the demon hopelessly tried to kill her. She knew that no matter how much this demon tried, she was stronger than him. He was weakened by the barrier and is in a place swirling with holy magic.

Maybe if they were outside, then maybe the demon would've had a chance. Just like the others who have tried to take her life.

"Enough of this, I beg of you." She whispered, raising her arm and pointing a finger at the demon. "Please stop, you will only hurt yourself."

"Shut up! Shut up!" The demon screamed, a swirl of dark wind circling around him. "If I don't kill you.... If I- If I don't bring your head... then..." A desperate laugh left his mouth as a memory flashed through his mind. "Just die here."

"Sleep." (Y/N) took a step forward and was immediately in front of the demon as she placed her finger on his head, instantly placing him to sleep. "Please forgive me, I had to stop you." she whispered, making his body float once again. "But if you had let out that magic, the high priest would've noticed you and killed you immediately."

They arrived at a more cleared area and she gently let his body down and examined his wounds.

'They're nothing to be worried about.... But it'll take quite a while for him to heal...' She thought, ghosting over the burn marks on his skin. 'But this knife....' She looked over the dagger on his hand and tried to take it. "Ow-"

A burning sensation shot through her skin the moment she made contact with it. It was quite painful, but it only lasted for five seconds and it disappeared immediately. It made her wonder if that one touch would've killed her outside the Holy Garden.

"What made you so desperate...?" She asked, moving her hand to his forehead and uttering a few words, calming his mind and heart. "Whatever it is... I want to help you even if it's just a tiny bit to ease your heart..."

(Y/N) didn't want to do what she was about to do. But it was the only way for her to do it.

"You will forget who you are, you'll be safe that way until you recover..." She reached for the pin on his collar and removed it, inspecting the crest on it. "Prince of the Demon Clan."

||A.N||

YEAH BOI BACKSTORY TIME!! I was debating when to put this part of the story, but this is the perfect time! NYEHEHE TIME TO ANSWER THE MYSTERY OF SANEMI'S AND (Y/N)'S MEMORIES!!