《11》

YAAA WE'RE CLOSE!! CHAPTER 14 IS WHEN SHIT STARTS!! And time to introduce more characters... ehehe... [hehehe]

~·~·~·~

"What, so the Èxi are going to come?" Shiro listened in as he sat at the inn's dining hall. "Yeah, I heard it goin' around in the flower district."

It has been three days since Shiro had arrived in the capital, he managed to get close to the castle and see the outside much better but he could never actually go inside as there was something protecting it.

"How long do you think they'll be here for?" The other demons asked.

"Reckon it's for that again." The one said, taking a chug of his drink. "Do you think that the king'll finally show himself?" Just as he asked that, demon2 smacked him in the head and hushed him.

"Do you want to die!?" He whispered, dragging the demons head on the table. "You know what kind of consequence you'll get if you talk shit about... the king..."

Shiro was curious. The three days he was here, the kings seemed to be a touchy subject. They say that the king barely left his castle and sometimes huge amounts of magic would bomb the capital and Shiro felt it first hand the other day.

He was just walking around when he suddenly felt like he was being suffocated and the air inside him was being sucked out of him. That was the power of the king. That his father. He felt his power first hand and he already knew how powerful he was.

He was scared. But he knew that he had to be strong and finish this as soon as possible.

"Hey." Shiro turned around, glancing over to the two adult demons. "What do you mean? About the king, I mean."

The two demons looked around and crouched as demon2 whispered, "You don't know?! Well... you are still a demonling... Well, hear me out." Shiro nodded, getting ready to hear the story. "After the king destroyed the human territory fifteen years ago, the human king and our king got into a peace treaty."

"Mhm, I heard about that. But why is-"

"HUSH!" Demon2 exclaimed. "I was going there, let me talk, got it, kid?" Shiro nodded and zipped his mouth. "Well, a lot think that the current king is nothing but a coward."

"Cause he is!" The other demon cut him off and he got a slam on the head.

"During the peace treaty, only the king and the Èxi were there, so no one really knows what exactly happened. But one thing is pretty clear..." He paused as he lowered his voice. "The king didn't continue this attack because they held something against him."

Shiro raised a brow. What could it be that even the demon king is afraid of. If he knew what that is, he might be able to kill him. "What is it?"

The two demons sighed as they shrugged, sitting straight. "That's the thing, it's just a rumor, no one really knows."

"I bet it's a dirty secret-" Cue him being hit in the head again.

"Do not." Demon2 glared at the other as he cowered and turned back to Shiro. "Anyway, whatever you do, do not talk about the king in such a manner, in the best-case scenario, you'll get your tongue cut with a special artifact so that you can't regenerate or they kill you."

Shiro nodded, taking in the information he's able to manage to get. 'Will this be enough, can I get closer to him with just this much... and who-' Shiro gasps as he turns back to the two demons. "Hey! Who are the Èxi?"

The two demons looked at him in surprise and disgust. "You actually don't know?! Were you living under a rock all your life or what!?" Demon1 exclaimed in rage, nearly ripping out his hair. "Look, kid, those Èxi are the strongest demons right under the king! They were the ones who helped him gain the throne!"