《21》

Hehe, I've decided to finish this :)

~·~·~·~

The capital has been buzzing with rumors and talk of their king. They have been on edge lately. Sure there was the news of the new queen, but something else made them feel scared.

Zenitsu looked around the capital, using his free time to get away from training and studying. He's been feeling down these past three months because three months ago, a friend of his passed away.

He got news when he was studying in their mansion. And he heard from a rumor. He didn't believe it at first, so he made a visit to the church to confirm it with the high priest, the relative of his friend. He was dead. His friend was confirmed dead.

'The coronation is in just a few days away...' He thought with a sigh as he sat down at the fountain in the square, the place where he and his friend met. 'But... the king is inviting demons!? Just what the hell is wrong with his brain!? Is he stupid!? Is he possessed!? Why the fuck would he invite the greatest enemy of humans on the queen's coronation!? Does he want everyone to-'

A splash in the water had caught his attention as he turned around. A bag was on the water. He gasped, picking it up and looking for the owner, the closest person to him and he began to beg for forgiveness.

"It's okay." The boy with the redhead said kindly. Zenitsu stood up straight to look at who this kind soul was. "Hello, I'm Kamado Tanjiro. My sister and I are lost, could you help us out?"

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"I'm so nervous..." Mitsuri muttered as she got off the train. "I'm at the capitol!! Oh my god... I don't think I even deserve this..."

The place was so big and vast, the place bustling with life and chatter all around. People were walking from one place to the other, merchants showing their goods and just a place that was filled with so many people.

"I can't believe that I'm invited to work at the palace for the queen's coronation party!! And to cook as well!!" She cheered, doing her best to find the way to the castle. It was just so big she was sure that she would get lost.

But luckily, someone from the palace came to get her and she was well on her way.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Your majesty... I brought you new flowers from the garden..." A maid entered a room and placed the beautifully bloom flowers in a vase. "Even though it's already autumn, the flowers in the garden are still at bloom! They must be here to celebrate your majesty!"

The future queen chuckled as she placed the book down, standing up and going over to see the flowers. "You know I'm not the queen, Ozaki. I'm not even married to the king yet... I don't deserve that title..."

"But even the king called you queen!" The maid cheered. "So it's only natural for us to call you that as well!" She heaved a sigh, her cheerful smile into a worried one. "I'm glad that the goddess gave you another chance... everyone was so heartbroken when you died so long ago..."

A frown was placed on the queen's lips at her words, her brows furrowed. "Ozaki, help change. I'm going on a walk."

"Yes, your majesty!"

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

It was a peaceful and quiet walk. (Y/N) was followed by her crew of maids and two royal guards assigned to her by her future husband. She was in the garden. For some reason, she's attracted to the place. It brought her a sense of familiarity. It was the same as the one in her home. Sure the one in her previous home was much bigger and better, it was still quite the resemblance.

'Maybe Muzan made it to resemble the one from home...' She thought as she walked along the rose path. Roses caught her attention, especially for one particular rose growing in here. 'Where is it... it's around... ah, here!'

She finally made it to where the roses and the peonies met, a single white rose was growing. It was a little strange, yet it was still so beautiful.

"Does your majesty like these flowers?" Her maid asked. (Y/N) nodded, caressing the petals of the flower. "Then, would you like us to take it to your room?"

"Ah, no!" (Y/N) exclaimed, shaking her head. "I like them... but don't take them... this is it's home and I don't want to take it here... and they like it's meant to be here. It's best to let it grow more."

"Oh, I see..." The maid muttered.

Just us the queen was relaxing on a swing in the garden, a figure from the distance had caught her attention. A girl that seemed like she was lost. Her hair was very pretty, a pink color, fading to green.

"Call her here." The queen said to one of the knights and went to get the lost girl. Not long, the girl came to the queen, she seemed nervous and fidgety. "Hello, what's your name?"

"A-ah- I mean- A please to be in your presence, your majesty!!" She exclaimed nervously, doing her best to bow to the queen. "I-I'm Kanroji Misturi, your majesty!"

The queen chuckled and told Mitsuri to stand up, to which she did nervously. She was scared of the knight's intense gaze on her.

"I haven't seen you in the castle before, are you new, Mitsuri?" The queen asked. She nodded. "Oh... so that's why! If that's the case..." She paused, looking over to the erection where the king's office would be in the vast castle. "I want you to be my personal maid."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"What, the queen did?" Muzan asked as he placed the papers down on his desk. The footman nodded as he reported. "Then let her take that girl as her maid."

"B-but your majesty! She's not fit to be the queen's personal maid!" The man argued. "She doesn't have any proper etiquette and is not trained like most of her maids and lady-in-waiting!"

The king sighed, placing his hand on his head. "Did you not hear me? I said, let the queen do what she wants." One glare was enough to silence the man. "Now that you heard me, go back to work. And have someone call the high priest here, along with the captain of the royal guards."

Once the man left, the king sighed and stood up, going out of his study and into the window a few ways away from his office. It had the perfect view of the garden, a place where his future queen loved to spend her time in.

From where he stood, he can see (Y/N) talking with a pink haired girl. She didn't look to be any special, but from where he stood he could sense a pretty high mana coming from the pinkette.

'Well at least she can use the magic she has to help protect the queen.' He thought as he rested on the wall, staring right at (Y/N). 'You'll be the queen piece... when you fully recover... not even that demon can stand up to you...'

A smirk played on his lips as he imagined his desired future. He snickered as he walked off to the direction of the garden, hoping to lure her in more to his fingers for total control.

Even she was a force he was scared of. He needed to make sure that he had her in his palm or it would be his end as well.

'That damn demon. If he didn't... well at least in a few days... he'll see who has the highest chance of winning this war... I'll end you and everything you stand for. Your blood is tainted and will be the cause of the end.'