《19》

ONE MORE CHAPTERAAAAHADLKJHK

~·~·~·~

Upon hearing their sudden summon, the king's forces made their way to the palace by their own means, not caring for the laws of the road. Whatever it is that made their king have an emergency meeting must've been something big.

And it was.

The violation of the treaty was a big taboo. It would lead to war.

Obanai had explained to the group everything that he found. From the poison to the magic on the necklace used to keep tabs on (Y/N) and Shiro. And after all of that, Sanemi called for Shiro and the other children to the meeting room.

"Sit down. I want you to hear this." He said to the family his beloved loved and cared for, along with the twins. He turned to Yuichiro, the oldest of the bunch and he asked, "Yuichiro, what happens to the saintess after they die?"

The others seemed surprised and even mad that he would ask the question, especially with his own children in there, the children of said saintess. Tamayo was about to stand up and scold him for the question he just made, but Sanemi told her to ask later.

"Well. their body doesn't decay like normal humans, for one." Yuichiro said, trying to remember all that he could when he was younger. 

Yuiciro continued, "Two is... they aren't considered 'dead' until the next one is born... then their body will start to... well, decay..."

"And they still possess magic even if it's just a corpse." Koichi added with a frown. "Why do you want to know that?" He glared at the king, wanting to know the reason for his question. Even if he is his savior, he won't let him do unspeakable things.

Sanemi nodded and glanced back to Obanai and nodded, telling him a silent message.

"The priestess..." He began with a sigh, feeling sorry for what he was about to say to Shiro and the twins. "You said that she was buried in the village cemetery, right?"

"I was there when they buried her." Shiro stated in a matter of fact.

"Her body isn't there." Obanai said, making Shiro ask what he meant. "Just when I was about to leave your old house... I wanted to pay my respect... and when I arrived at the cemetery, the grave was dug up and it was empty."

"What..." Shiro questioned, feeling lightheaded and cold. The twins tried to comfort him, but it wasn't getting to him. "What do you mean..? My mother is gone..."

"Who was it that took her body?" Kanae asked.

"..." Obanai bit his tongue, not sure about the truth either, but Sanemi forced him to do so anyway. "The royal guard was there. It was most likely... the king." [:V]

Shiro clenched his fists and clenched his jaw. Just uttering his name made his boil in anger. Muzan. 'What the hell does that thing want from mother!? Killing her wasn't enough for him or what!? I'm gonna kill that bastard!!'

"Shiro. Calm down." Sanemi said, his eyes glowing and Shiro's magic immediately decreased. He turned to Koichi and the twins, "Why do you think he would want her body."

"We don't know..." Muichiro answered as he bit his lip, keeping himself from lashing out. "There's nothing to do with her. You can't use the magic they have stored in the body and if he thinks of destroying her physical body, then he's going against the goddess and it'll be his end..."

"And there'll be no next saintess for a long time..." Koichi added with a solemn look. "As far as our cousins know, the three of us are dead. Michikatsu can't marry, he's the high priest... and Yoriichi is a guardian, they dedicate their life to them, he can't marry... And..." He paused, his eyes going over to Kohana.