《25》

I couldn't update yesterday cause I was busy drawing new characters. So have this now.

~·~·~·~

Aiko sat on her bed with a frown as she remembered the woman's words. It felt as if someone had just dropped her to the ocean on top of a dragon. She felt so... hurt and broken at her words.

She knew that woman was her mother. She didn't mistake it. She knew. The hairpin on the braid of the woman had her family crest. A white snake wrapped around the letter 'I'. Her eyes never fail her. Her eyes are quite special.

She can see distances some other demons can't, much like the ability of Kanae's youngest sister, except what she sees is the movement at a much, much slower speed.

"Aiko? Are you there?" She heard her father's voice. She immediately wiped the tears on her eyes and called him inside. "The princess told me what happened..." He said softly, making his way towards her and sitting next to her. "Did something upset you?"

"..." Aiko went to open her mouth but closed it the next second. "...Father..."

"What is it?" Obanai asked with a gentle tone.

"...Will I..." She began, feeling herself turn cold at what she was about to say. She didn't want to remind his father that right now. But she wanted to know. Needed to know. "Will I meet my mother now?"

Obanai was stunned for a second as he heard his daughter's question. He promised her that one day she can meet her mother. But can he really let her meet her now... after he-

"I can understand." Aiko cut off his train of thought. "You have to do your job for the king... I can... wait..." Aiko faced her father one more time and gave her an understanding smile, but he can see the sadness behind her gaze. "Father's busy... plus, there's even more important things happening right now... I can wait... even if it takes years."

"...Aiko..."

"No, really, don't worry!" Aiko said, standing up and giving her father a smile. "I can wait."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

As the sun set, the royalties from all over the world slowly began to arrive, one by one and they were all given their own wing of the giant palace.

And on one particular wing were the demons, all dressed up ready for the dinner party. The royals and the aristocrats all dressed up for the occasion. The Èxi in their own uniform. Everyone was dressed formally.

Sanemi hated formal events, that is one of the reasons he demolished a lot of noble families when he took the throne. His clothes are always so heavy and annoying. The same goes for his twins. They hated wearing formal clothes. They would rather wear loose casual clothes. Even Shiro hated it. He wanted to rip his clothes to shreds.

"Y-your majesty, please- please follow me to the banquet hall..." A maid had come to take the group to the dinner party. But she seemed so timid and scared, she was shaking and they could all see it as clear as day.

"Then, lead the way." Sanemi grumbled, fixing his cuffs that are starting to get annoying.

The maid yelped a yes and led the group of demons.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Silence filled the hall as the humans inside felt a cold atmosphere begin to form. The sounds of footsteps echoed in the silent hall, and in came their natural enemy. They stood atop the stairs, their faces showed no emotion as they judged the humans below them. Their red eyes glowing down below them, making them shiver at the sight.