《18》

Obanai successfully passed through the borders, well, he's been doing this for years so this was like breathing to him.

He had a job for his kings. And that was to find out the human king's motives and plans. But it's not like he can go to the capital, there's the high priest and people that can sense him and kill him instantly.

Today his stop was at Shiro's old home, finding some clues that can help him in finding out about the priestess and the kings.

Luckily it was nighttime and he could sneak around the small village without much problems. But he finds something weird. This small town was far-far away from the border, like it was very far it took him nearly one week. And this land was owned by a baron, so he found it weird.

Why was the royal guard here?

There was no way the king would lend the royal guard to a baron.

He can fight it out with one royal guard, but there is no way he can fight five and live. He was as good as dead if he was found out.

'Tch. Dammit. I need to go underground...' He stepped into the shadow, avoiding the royal guard. But just before he used his magic, a thought accrued to him. 'I'm gonna get found out...'

If he was going to use his magic, he needed to be quick or he's basically dead. He took a deep breath, and within a second, a black snake came from the shadows and began to wrap around him before it burrowed on the ground once again.

From underground, Obanai could hear the voices of the royal guard and their footsteps. He needed to go to the house now or he's a goner.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"The royal guards are weaker than I remember..." Obanai sighed as he surfaced from the ground, right behind the house that belonged to Shiro and his mother. He felt relieved now that he's shaken the royal guards out of his tail. But he remembered battling those guards a long time ago and they were stronger than they were today.

But he really doesn't care.

Obanai walked up to the door, opening it with the key Shiro provided him and entered, making sure to be as silent as possible. He let go of Kaburamaru, letting him look around as well.

'It looks... generally normal...' He thought as he made his way to the kitchen. It was quite dirty. Dust was everywhere. It was obvious that they didn't take care of the place after Shiro left for the capital.

He made his way upstairs, Kaburamaru stayed behind. He saw four doors in the hallway. He entered the first one and saw what looked like a storeroom of old things. The second room was empty, he guessed it was a guest room or a free room.

He entered the third room. It was a messy room. There was a single bed on the corner, a bookshelf and a study. He walked over to the study and saw papers and ink. He didn't touch them and looked around. He could see a few toys little kids would play with. It was Shiro's old room. He left when he saw nothing interesting in particular.

He entered the fourth room. He could tell that this was (Y/N)'s room. On the study, he could see a pile of papers and he inspected them. They were letters. There was nothing interesting in them. There doesn't seem to be anything interesting in the room either.

But just as he was about to leave, a glint on the dresser caught his attention. He walked over the dresser and saw a necklace. On the outside, it seemed to be a normal thing. But upon closer inspection, he could feel magic from it. Not just any regular magic. He felt this magic personally, the reason for the scar on his face.