Apology (part 4)

❤️Newt: {Newt's POV}
"Why don't you talk to her?" Alby suggested, trying to look me in the eyes. I couldn't bring myself to meeting them, though, I felt like such a bloody coward.
"I dunno, I've wanted her to apologize all this time but she won't, Alby. She won't. I just feel like she's too good for me and she's just left me." I sigh weakly.
"She wouldn't just leave you like that. Me and everyone else sees that you two are crazy for one another," Thomas shakes his head.
We might've had it going great before, but this might be the end. She hasn't talked to me for days, and each day is miserable and long. What would I say to her if I were to say anything? Would she listen?

{Your POV}
"There's no way he's going to take me back." You whine.
"Y/N, he'll gladly take you back, he loves you no matter what." Teresa tries to comfort you.
"I was being such a..." You search for words.
"A girl, you were being a girl. Our emotions are anything but straightforward. You acted unlike how you felt to try and get the reaction you wanted," Teresa explained.
"Damn, you girls are complicated," Minho scoffed. "Listen, Y/N, Newt has been bawling for you all this time. Any apology will do. If you ask me, he's acting really desperate."
"Minho! He's only desperate to be with you again, that's what Minho meant," Teresa glared the runner's way. Minho rolled his eyes.
"Well I'll talk to him later." You decide.
"Good," Minho nods.
"I'll come with you," says Teresa.
"I'll go by myself, thanks Teresa." You smile.
"Yeah, she's got this, what's next, girls going to the bathroom together?"
You and Teresa laugh.

[later on]
{Newt's POV}
It was about dusk when I saw y/n heading my way. "What do I do!?" I ask Alby frantically.
"Be happy to see her," Alby replies.
"Act natural," Thomas adds.
"Those are two different things! How can I act naturally happy if I'm actually freakin out!?" I panic.
"Hey Newt," she says. I stopped breathing. "I'm sorry-" she continues, but somehow I end up pulling her in for a hug without thinking. I hold her close and she hugs me back. I already feel relieved with her soft hair in my fingers and her bright eyes locking with mine as she pulls away slightly. "I've missed you too much. You don't know how much pain I was in." I admit.
"I know, I've felt so wrong without you," she agrees.
"I wanted to talk to you, but even right now, I'm not sure what to say." I say nervously.
"That's ok."
The happiness and relief swells up inside me and the only thing I want to do is kiss her. Should I? Too soon? Before I can develop anymore doubts, she kisses me. I'm surprised, but it's perfect. The only thing I can say: "I love you, y/n. More than you'll ever know."