Thomas

You were sent to the Glade right before Chuck and Thomas were. You were one of the Runners, but you were pretty sure it was only because they wanted you to shut up. You were always asking too many questions, so they let you become a Runner expecting you to get lost in a few days. The way they looked down on girls was the most annoying thing.

"She'll never make it," one gloated.

"As long as she's not around me with her big mouth," another complained.

Even Minho couldn't stop spewing stupid remarks the entire run. You'd sigh loudly and try to shrug it off, but really, one last comment and you'd break into a tantrum. Suddenly, you had your chance. The whole crew was attacked by a vicious Griever and you were the only one able to slip away, unnoticed.

You trotted back through the maze, until out of the monster's range, when you ran at full sprint. You entered the Glade screaming,"HEY, HELP! WE NEED HELP RIGHT NOW!" No one listened. You clenched your teeth. It really ticked you off when they didn't even listen. You were about to turn around and go back to fight alone, when you almost crashed into Thomas, the Greenie. "What happened?" he asked you still peeking into the dark maze. You couldn't help but like him for his persistent curiosity just like the type that always got you in trouble. "Grievers. That's what happened," you reply.

"Can I help?" he asks excitedly.

"Yeah, just don't run off when were both supposed to be in trouble for you running through the maze."

"Sure thing. Let's go."

You both dashed to the battle between the Grievers and the Gladers. With Thomas' wits, and your athletic abilities, not only did you save the wounded runners, Thomas managed to kill a Griever. Everyone looked at him with a horrified expression, except for you, who couldn't be happier that for once you were right to do something, even if it was to bring a Greenie along. And boy, did that Greenie prove himself worthy, or at least you thought so. You both made it back supporting the injured boys. Most of them could hold themselves upright, more or less, but a couple needed piggy back rides, which you couldn't exactly give. You held the ankles of one, with Thomas on the other side holding the arms and had a person half passed out leaning on his shoulder. Moving slowly, everyone made it out of the maze.

When you reached safety, you dropped whoever you were carrying (carefully!) and everyone fell to the ground, exhausted, or maybe really hurt. Alby came over running as fast as he could. Newt was right behind him. "What the he-"

"Boy did we have an adventure," Minho says, heavily breathing.

"To say the least. Go get us some water, and the MedJacks, would ya?" You ask.

"Excuse me?"

"I'd listen to her, she saved all of our behinds."

Alby grunted before taking off again, leaving Newt to ask the questions. You and the guys explained the whole story in detail when Alby returned. It left them both in disbelief. "Thomas..." Ably began to growl, a lecture was about to be given. You step in and explain that it was your idea. Newt shook his head. Unbelievable. "Any of these shanks doing the same thing would get a lifetime of praise. Two Greenies go off and kick some serious butt, and nobody can accept it." you argue.

"Because you both broke the rules!" Alby shouted.

"He killed a Griever!" you shout back. His eyes widen.

"I call a meeting for the Keepers," he says. "You ain't off the hook just yet. Matter of fact, you might be in even more trouble."

The discussion ends and everyone goes to where they need to be, leaving you and Tomas alone.

"Whatever rules we broke," you tell him "you're still my hero." You peck him on the cheek and head towards where the Runners map out the maze. You hear him call out to you,"Can we go out? Or maybe you can sit next to me at dinner?" You laugh and nod from across the field. He holds up a thumbs up in question, and you return one with a smile.