Chapter 13: Yet Still we Hug the Dear Deceit.

"I don't like him in that way, do you see the problem here?" At that last question she turned to tried to face him, but found him too close so she turned back. "You don't see me getting angry at you when you told me you weren't interested in me," it was true, she wasn't but her tone at that moment indicated the contrary.

"But I have experience, I've dated, they have broken my heart and I probably have done that to others; how would you know the true difference if you don't even experience dating, isn't that something in philosophy about the intelligence of emotions?" He was passionate about lecturing her on that topic, deep down in his mind he thought that maybe if he pushed her into a relationship, his increasing interest in her would diminish.

"I don't need a boyfriend to break my heart, Paul," she turned to look at him, "that has happened with my family already, they even call me from outside this country to simply tell me how disposable I am for them, even I have been quite harsh with myself. Besides it's quite shallow to think that you must suffer to thrive, 'it's not what happens to you but how you react to it that matters'," she quoted Epictetus.

"I'm an arse," he said, with a gloomy smiled he joined her, sitting next to her he took her hands, "I thought myself a progressive person, but look at me, giving you advised on how to look for a husband like a beer ad,"

"Yes, or worse," she said, removing her hands from his embrace.

"I'm beyond sorry, I didn't stop and think how stupid I sounded, please Ella promise me you won't be mad at me for a long."

She gave him a half a smile , "There's no fun in that,"

He smiled, "maybe you'll forgive me sooner if I curse at myself a bit more, I'm such a sod for taking his side, I've heard of Ricky's constant cheating to other girls, and I was defending him. He deserves your rejection."

Ella saw John hop in the bus, and knew her stop was there, he said goodbye to him and asked him if he wanted her to take his other guitar home, and he thanked her. John saw her, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and rapidly exited the bus.

"Why does she have your guitar?" John asked, as he sat next to him.

"She helped me, I played at that party I told you about."

"I remember now, you won't play in that shitty outfit, will you? You look ready to go to a horse-racing. "

Paul only laughed, and he did change his outfit once they arrived at the place where they were going to perform, when he entered the restroom he found Ricky kissing with a girl, for a second he meant to apologize for the intrusion, but then he felt hatred, mostly to himself since just minutes before she had tried to convince Ella to date that man.

"You know there are cleaner places to do that, right?" He said to them.

Ricky could have punched him, but he didn't mean to break the spark he was having with the woman, so they went out.

"That looks wonderful, Charlotte," Mimi praised the breakfast she prepared.

John got downstairs, and simply took a scone from the plate Ella had prepared for him. One day before her boss had asked if he had the telephone number of one of the Beatles, and at that moment he called, and told John that he wanted a meeting with his band. She was pretty excited for them.

"John, morning sunshine, do you have any idea what time it is?" Mimi asked.

"Yeah, time to go, see ya birds!" And he was gone.

George was outside of his house smoking when saw John arriving.

"Let's go baby! We have an appointment with Mr. Eppy."