Chapter 1: A New Home

October 7th 1961

Liverpool.

.

"Are you ready? Did you take a bath as I told you to?" A woman shouted from the kitchen.

"What for? and there's no need to yell." the boy was hypnotized playing the guitar.

"I told you, that poor  thing is coming to stay with us, and I don't want you to cause a wrong impression," the woman warned as she approached to him, taking the guitar off his hands.

"You and yer pity, woman, we got no room here, and you said her parents were rich, why does she have to stay with us?" said while he attempted to take his guitar back.

"Watch it John, if you keep that attitude, YOU will be the one that'd have to wonder where to sleep," she said as she grabbed a coat "I'll go and pick her up, and John.."

"Yes Mimi?" he rolled his eyes.

"At least change your clothes, you look like a pauper." she scolded, as she threw a shirt to his face.

"Sure thing, wait ... is she the girl that I always managed to convince her to eat dirt, when we were wee kids?"

"You do remember, only your misbehaving, I see." she said and went out, now not sure if agreeing to take her in was a good idea.

Ella Carlota Marroco was wearing a large green coat, "some freaking gloves, how could I forget that?" she said as she was shivering , she started to feel afraid, it had been years since the last time she had lived in that part of the north of England. She was born 18 years before, in Santiago, Chile; her mother died just two years after she was born; and her father, almost immediately, married an English woman named Beatrice (Mimi's second-cousin once removed), who also had a son, the couple and their children decided to move to Liverpool and lived there for six years. When the father of Ella, found out that his family business  empire flourished back in Chile, the family moved back again to South America. Rich families have always been weird with the money; after several quarrels and disputes over inheritance during the following years (Ella's father had played dirty, and the fortune had gone all to him in his grandfather's will), the couple decided to travel and expand the business of creating resort villages overseas, this time in Australia, and two other countries, it was going to take several months or a year of travelling, and Ella had asked for her 18 birthday some stability, Beatrice decided to send her to her aunt, as a punishment, she had decided along with her husband, that could change her passive and hateful character a little bit.

Then she saw her, a woman , she seemed quite posh and severe, but still she had a warm smile.

"You must be Charlotte, Ella Charlotte, I remember you running through my garden when you were but just a wee girl," the woman was hugging her like a mum hugs her daughter "You must be freezing, poor you."

"I'm ok ma'am," she said getting rid of that friendly hug. She had forgotten that when she was little living there, her step-mum changed her name Carlota to Charlotte, not legally... Beatrice had said to not trouble people with trying to pronounce her 'spanish' name over there, she hated that decision.

"And you are still the polite little thing!" she said putting her hand on her cheek, she was clearly amazed by that, "Let me help you with your luggage, and you can call me Aunt Mimi, or just Aunt or Mimi whatever you please,"

They both entered in a cab, Ella was speechless, she did not know what to say, she wanted to remember the woman but just a few short memories came to mind, so she dared to speak "So, Beatrice is you and your husband's ..."