Chapter 16: Dance Your Fears Away

The next morning was colder than usual, still John could't stay inside, lately he'd felt impassive , that staying in his house made him feel that he was missing on something, he left early and went to an old market, as he walked through it, Paul and Pete called for him, they were waiting for him next to a stand that sold hot cocoa, they bought one for him, then went to an ally; Pete took a bottle from his bag and added a kick of rum, for his and his friends hot beverage.

"And? is it true?" He asked John, trying to take away his bottle from John, since he decided to add a bit more to his drink.

"I wouldn't know!" He said as he took sip, "blame Paul for everything."

Paul turned to look at him, as he blew to his hot drink.

"Yes, you bastard! Ella is angry at me, because of you, she will tell me nothing of the letters Mr. Epstein received."

"Swear I saw an envelope from a record company on his desk, blimey Paul what did you do?"

He only turned red, and drank some more of his hot cocoa.

"I'll call him today, he enjoys when we ask about his family, sure he'll tell me the truth, I'm smart like that." John bragged.

He did call, and after 20 minutes of listening about his various trips, he finally slipped some of the news, he had gotten an audition for them, the record company was in London, but he needed to keep the secret, since he wanted to tell the band in their next meeting. Surprisingly, John did keep the secret.

Ella waited for George outside of the centre of arts, where her friend Lizzy was displaying her art, not only her, but some other very talented people were participating, and selling some of their art pieces, some their photography others even their sculptures. She saw some people enter in elegant outfits,  then remembered that there was going to be a dinner and a 'ball' , with musicians that took class there. She was wearing a purple dress, with her white coat, something a bit informal she later thought.

As she turned her sight to the front of the sidewalk, she saw George and joining him was Paul, who also looked as surprised/annoyed to see her as she did. George walked faster leaving Paul just behind him.

"Do I look good?" He asked her, "I know I do , but I need someone else to agree with me."

She forced a smile on her face and told him he did; Paul only passed by them and entered before them.

"His brother is also one of the artists," he explained to Ella.

She only smiled again and said; " Ok, let's go inside someone's waiting for you." She pinched his cheeks.

They went to where Lizzy was, her paintings and drawings were excellent, they both even looked surprised to notice the talent she had, the most gorgeous piece was one of the Liverpool Cathedral. George said that he wanted to buy it from her, but unfortunately for him, most of her 6 pieces of art were sold, there was only one left but it was her brother's profile, standing on the beach. Not something he wanted, so he gave up, and began to ask her about her technique, and Ella knew that was her cue to leave them alone.

She went to look at the other pieces of art, that wasn't good for her self-esteem, the artists looked just as young as her, and others very old, and all of them so very talented, a woman had molded sculptures of busts of famous people, one young girl had pieces of jewelry designed with her African culture in mind, there was a display of some paintings where the artist only used coffee and teabags. As she walked admiring the art, she got to some photographs, the technique seemed unique, all of the photographs had been taken in spontaneous moments, but they were outstanding; as she looked she stumbled upon a photo of a man she recognized, it was Paul, he was with his guitar, eyes closed, and behind him a picture of Chuck Berry in, unintentionally, the same pose as him.