Chapter 29: Pip, pip, my friends.

The next day, John took Cynthia, Ella and Lizzy to a fair near the docks, it was the last weekend in was in the city, "C'mon! The line is empty ,we need to hurry," Cynthia pushed John to a ferris wheel line, but he stopped her

"Are you scared?" Lizzy asked giggling.

He gave a sardonic smile and added, "I had to eat all of your candy floss, because you didn't like it, I'll baptise you on the ride with it if you take me there." He answered pretending a gesture that he was going to vomit over them, the girls laughed and went running to the line.

That was one of the reasons, but the other reason was that he spotted Cleo walking towards them; he waited for her to reach where he was standing.

"Look at that, John Lennon is here," she said as she was closer, she gave a small walk around him, as he stood still.

"Wow! Cinderella's ugly step-sister," he added, still motionless with his arms crossed.

Smiling she answered, "What made you change your mind about my looks?" He didn't give an answer, so she continued trying to provoke him, "Can't believe you are with Cyn now, you broke up so many times, I thought she was smarter." She was about to touch his shoulder but his hand stopped her.

"She is, and I might not be, but I'm not an idiot," he said letting go of her hand, "you're planning something, but I'll tell you something else, Paul is mine." He walked away, but did listen to her warning.

"Not for long," she scoffed, as she saw him walk away.

As Paul entered at Mr. Epstein's store, he had in mind a lie to tell Ella when he'd see him enter, but Lizzy was in the front desk, saying hi, he couldn't believe his luck, and simple told her to tell Mr. Epstein if he could have a word with him.

"Sit down, McCartney, how are you doing?" Once in his office, he asked, in his relaxed and posh voice.

He had left the door to his office open, but Paul closed it. "I've been having some thoughts about the band, the first is... Decca -  they will never call again, am I right?"

He sat by his desk, and with elbows on it, curling his fingers together, he answered, "You are right McCartney, is there some other issue? Because I bet you know that we are just starting and-,"

"Yeah, but the band started 4 years ago; and I'm growing up... I came here to ask for some time off," he finished his sentence but his face revealed that he was more than uncertain about his last sentence.

Mr. Epstein stretched his neck, feeling the stress surrounding it, "You want to leave the band? Did you tell John?"

Paul stood up, walked a bit around the room and finally he answered, "I was hoping you would help me, you see I don't come from families like yours, or like John even, someone is offering me to play for a new hotel in Paris, the investors are very rich... I bet you can understand me Mr. Epstein, I think it might be my four leaf clover...a chance of a lifetime"