~ 3.22 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'To the ends of the earth, Would you follow me?There's a world that was meant,For our eyes to see

'To the ends of the earth,
Would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant,
For our eyes to see.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

A/N: Rating has changed. If not comfortable with M material, skip the middle part. :)

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

Unshed tears glistened in Katniss' grey eyes but they burned brightly with carefully controlled anger. Taken aback by the expression, Indiana pondered whether Katniss was angered by Peeta's words or by what the Capitol had turned him into. Stood by Haymitch's side, they had monitored the conversation that occurred between Katniss and the volatile blonde and whilst it might not have been the reunion Katniss was hoping for, it had gone far better than the first time.

Ten minutes passed whilst the medics analysed Peeta's behaviour to see if he developed a delayed negative reaction to Katniss' presence. After he continued to sit peacefully in his bed, they allowed Indiana to enter with a warning that he could quickly change. Brushing off their concern, Indiana knew Peeta would never hurt her. After all, she had been there with him since the beginning.

"Hey, you." Indiana smiled at him, an expression that widened when she saw the equally joyous look on his face. "I brought you cake."

"Why, good evening, Mrs Hadley. I wasn't expecting to see you tonight," he greeted, shuffling over so that she could sit next to him on the bed. "You're finally married. Didn't I tell you that Cato wouldn't stop until you were back in his arms?"

"I suppose this means I should listen you more often then, huh?" Indiana teased, bumping his shoulder with her own.

"Now you get it," chuckled Peeta.

Laughing along with him, Indiana tilted her head and took in the state of her friend. Dark circles were still under his eyes and whilst his face was gaining more weight in it, it still had a chalky complexion. Attempting to keep the sympathy out of her face, she faked a smile when he looked at her.

Whilst she had been able to fake her recovery and get discharged, it had been impossible for Peeta to mask the madness milling beneath his calm façade. Hearing the word Katniss turned him feral, let alone seeing her and unless that changed, he would continue being trapped here.

"How can I ever thank you? My cake was beautiful. My only regret is that you weren't there for the ceremony."

"You don't have to thank me. I can never repay you for all you did for me in the Capitol. You kept me sane and the cake was just me beginning to find a way to thank you."

"Oh, Pete, you never have to thank me for that. We were in the same boat and nobody should have had to suffer through that alone. Anyway, I didn't help you half as much as you helped me."