~ 2.6 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'If you wanna start a fight

'If you wanna start a fight.
You better throw the first punch.
Make it a good one.
And if ya wanna make it through the night.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

Pulling herself onto the rock walkway, Indiana was grateful for the tight braids when not a single strand of wet hair fell into her face. Sprinting towards the bow and arrow, she strapped it to her back and snatched up a couple of knives, sliding them into her belt. Spotting a huge sword in the corner, she picked it up for Cato before whirling around and plunging it into a Fallen that charged towards her.

Warm arms wrapped around her midsection and she stopped thrashing when Cato's warm lips grazed her ear as he whispered in it. Passing him his sword, the couple cut down every tribute that got in their way until they'd made their way to Katniss Everdeen and Finnick Odair.

Grinning at the early opportunity, Indiana notched an arrow before aiming it straight at Katniss' heart – right where she had murdered Marvel. Or she did until Cato and Finnick immediately stood in the way.

"What the fuck?" Indiana exclaimed.
Holding up their arms, Indiana noticed they had matching gold bangles on their wrists.

"Good thing we're all allies, right?" Cato smirked, pulling out the chain around Indiana's neck to present it to Katniss.

"Where did you get those?" Katniss demanded, staring at the two males.

"Where do you think? Don't trust One or Two, apart from Cato and Indie. I'll take this side, you hold them off." Finnick ordered.

"I'll go find Peeta." Cato announced, handing his sword to his fiancée for safekeeping.

"Don't leave me with her." Katniss yelled as Indiana brandished Cato's sword, but nobody paid her any attention as Finnick disappeared and Cato dove into the water.

For the longest time, the brute from Two didn't make an appearance and neither did Peeta. Once two minutes had passed, fear had gotten the best of her and Indiana unintentionally grasped Katniss' hand, who squeezed back feeling the same terror.

After what felt like eons, Peeta's head surfaced above the water and Cato hoisted him up onto the walkway, the pair walking back to the waiting trio. Both men looked down at the clasped hands of their girls, causing the blonde and brunette to quickly release each other and pretend as if nothing happened.

Finnick, along with Mags, wandered back over to the two couples and despite Katniss and Peeta keeping their distance from the other tributes, the six of them ventured into the forest, ensuring they kept an eye on the other's backs.

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

Night had fallen but still the pack ventured on. Even though she knew they were too strong and smart to be gone, Indiana anxiously waited for the faces of the Fallen to appear in the sky so she could be assured that her and aunt and uncle were still in the arena somewhere. Relief flooded through her when their faces didn't appear. Once the symbol of the Capitol had faded, Finnick let out a small snicker to himself.

"Guess they're not holding hands anymore," he chuckled.

"You think this is funny?" Katniss demanded.

"Little bit." Indiana cut in.

"Every time that cannon goes off, it's music to my ears. I don't care about any of them. You want to face the Career Pack alone? In fact, you want to face these two alone?" Finnick pointed to the recently deceased members of the team, biting his lip when Indiana gave a cheerful wave. "They're not killing you because they are your allies, which is due to me. What would Haymitch say about your team skills?"

"Haymitch isn't here." Katniss said shortly.

"Let's keep moving." Finnick changed topic.

"Right, can someone please explain what the hell is going on?" Indiana demanded, her short temper reaching the end of its tether.

She was irritable with the members of her team but especially with Finnick and Cato, who seemed to have made plans for her own life without consulting her.
Both men turned to look at her, then at each other, contemplating which one would be best to break the news to her.

The fiancé who had used her engagement ring as a sign of his love and a reason for Katniss not to attempt to murder her or the man she had grown up being close friends with who went behind her back with her fiancé.

"Indie, we have a plan-." Finnick started.

"I would bloody well hope so otherwise those two are dead before the hour is up." Indiana said, pointing between Katniss and Peeta with one of her knives.

Before either of them were able to explain their 'plan' to the blonde, Peeta's sword connected with a force field and he flew backwards, landing in a motionless lump on the floor.

"That was easy." Indiana mumbled to Cato, watching as Katniss sprinted towards her 'husband'.

"Peeta, no. Peeta?!" Katniss screamed, shaking him. "He's not breathing. He's not breathing! Come on. Come on. Please wake up. Wake up, Peeta!"

Continuing to shake him, Katniss hoped that she would somehow bring him back from death. Finnick nudged Indiana towards the couples from Twelve, urging to help, knowing she had the skill set needed to. Shoving Katniss out the way, Indiana let out an annoyed sigh before placing her hand on Peeta's chest and opening his mouth.

"What are you doing? She's hurting him." Katniss whimpered as Indiana began pushing down on Peeta's chest.

"She's saving him." Cato explained, holding Katniss back as they watched Indiana pull a disgusted face before blowing air into Peeta's mouth.

Pressing down again, she counted thirty times before forcing more air into his lungs and pressing down another thirty times. Nothing happened. Cursing loudly, Indiana tried repeatedly but still, nothing happened.

"Come on. Don't die. Come on. Don't make me be nice for nothing. Come on." Indiana said, pressing down more forcefully.

Suddenly, Peeta shot up gasping for breath.

"Careful. There's a force field up ahead." Peeta choked, wrapping his arms around Katniss when she threw herself at him.

"You were dead. I saw you, you were dead. Your heart stopped," she sobbed, clinging onto her 'husband'.

"It's working now," joked Peeta.

Attempting to help Peeta stand, Katniss struggled under the weight of him. Rolling her eyes for the fifth time that hour, Indiana looped Peeta's arm around her shoulders and pulled him to stand. Everyone else looked at her suspiciously (even Cato) as if she had a secret agenda but she ignored them all and used her free hand to pass Peeta back his sword.

"Thank you." Katniss said, not looking at the older girl. "For, uh, saving his life," she added.

"Don't let it happen again."

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓
'There's only two ways that these things can go.
Good or bad and how was I to know.
That all your friends won't hold any grudges'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛