~ 2.9 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'I'm still alive

'I'm still alive.
But I'm barely breathing.
Just prayin' to a god that I don't believe in.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

By the time night fell, everyone was clean and blood free, swapping stories about the horrors they had encountered in the short (but long) time they had been trapped in the arena.

Johanna and Katniss had offered to stay watch and as much as she wanted to protest, Indiana's body was screaming for her to rest. Aching from exhaustion, Indiana shuffled into Cato's side and under his arm, relishing in the familiar scent and safety of him. It was masked by sweat, blood and dirt but the natural scent of him was still there, providing Indiana with some comfort. Surprisingly, it didn't take long for the young woman to drift off to sleep wrapped in the safety of her fiancé's arms.

━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━

Frantic muttering roused Indiana from her restful sleep but when Indiana checked on the woman it was coming from, Wiress was still fast asleep. Lightning struck the large oak tree planted at the highest point of the arena and when it ceased, the blood rain began in just a small section of the arena. The girl from Twelve seemed to have a revelation as her grey eyes widened, staring at the woman who was muttering incessantly.

"Wiress, you're a genius. The arena is a clock." Katniss murmured to herself, jumping when Indiana agreed with her theory, as she was unaware the blonde girl had woken up.

"Each hour brings a new horror. Think about it. Lightning, blood rain, poisonous fog, monkeys – those are the first few hours of the clock, right?" Indiana pointed out. "The wave happens at ten. The other seven are still a mystery."

"What if they don't stay within the jungle?" What if they can get out?" Katniss asked the one question that Indiana was trying to avoid thinking about.

"Wake up the others." Indiana advised, waking Cato before moving onto Finnick and Johanna (the latter who had fallen asleep after Katniss forced her to).

Not having much time, the two youngest women somehow managed to stumble their way through an explanation of their clock theory. Wiress looked relieved that someone had finally understood what she had been truing to communicate. Johanna looked more hesitant with the idea but agreed to move away from the beach because it was better to be safe than sorry. Gathering their weapons and supplies, Katniss and Johanna saw the opportunity to start arguing with each other. Again.

Instead of breaking up the fight, Indiana stood between the two watching to see if Katniss would get her ass kicked. Whilst they may be allies and being civil, Indiana still hadn't forgiven the younger girl for the people she had killed.

"Where to?" Peeta asked, distracting everyone, including the fighting women.

"I think the Cornucopia might be the safest option, We could watch to see if we're right about the clock," suggested Indiana.