~ 3.3 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'It's making my skin crawl

'It's making my skin crawl.
The silence is so loud.
The lights spark and flicker.
With monsters much bigger.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

Strapped to a cold metal table, Indiana had the sickening sensation of déjà vu. Especially when people dressed in white began covering her in powders and creams and colourful things. However, they weren't enhancing her beauty, they were attempting to mask the brutality that had been inflicted upon her. Sliding a silk white dress over her blonde head, Indiana noticed it was loose enough to hide the amount of weight and muscle she had lost, and soft enough that it wouldn't aggravate the fresh injuries she had sustained.

Escorting her down the polished hallways, the Peacekeepers refused to tell the terrified girl as to where they were taking her. She had become accustomed to the mannerisms of the Peacekeepers and had discovered that she was always assigned the same two. Relief washed over Indiana when she spotted Peeta at the end of the hallway dressed in a plain white suit.

Both prisoners were ushered into another white room with three armchairs placed on a raised platform. The plushness of the chairs being the most luxurious thing the prisoners had experienced since captivity. When Caesar Flickerman entered the room, contrasting with the room as he was adorned in another sparkly, colourful look, Indiana was confused. Cameras flickered on and cue cards were held up in front of the two teenagers.

President Snow was stood on the side of a camera, his lifeless eyes fixed on the terrified people – his presence yet another reminder that if they messed up or pissed him off, they would be severely punished. This was a chance to get a reprieve from the torture. A green light blinked and Caesar's face split into a blinding smile.

"So... you two, welcome back!" Caesar greeted enthusiastically.

"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of us." Peeta put on an equally fake smile, playing his part perfectly.

"I confess, I did. The night before the Quarter Quell – well, who thought we'd ever see you again?"

"It wasn't part of my plan, that's for sure." Peeta frowned at the memory of that night.

Knowing how temperamental the girl from One was, Snow had made sure that Indiana spoke as little words as possible.

Trying to bait Peeta into revealing something, Caesar began mentioning Katniss and the rebels. More importantly, he began talking about the formation of rebel plans. After spending the majority of their nights talking about anything and everything, Indiana had deciphered that Peeta was clueless to the rebellion, the alliance in the Games and any rebel plans. As a result, she felt guilty for keeping it a secret that she was aware of them. However, she was reassured at knowing it kept him a little bit safer.