~ 3.21 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'I've got scars,Even though they can't always be seen

'I've got scars,
Even though they can't always be seen. And pain gets hard,
But now you're here and I don't feel a thing.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

Trauma had been unearthed during her examination and Coin decided it was beneficial for Indiana to remain under observation for one more night to ensure that the events didn't take a dramatic toll on all the 'hard work' she had done. Calmly agreeing, Indiana did her best not to scoff in disbelief at the woman's false words – she was beginning to believe Coin was doing her best to ensure Indiana remained docile and restricted in the hospital.

Seated on her bed with Cato at the other end, she pushed the meat around her plate as her blue eyes blurred when she got swept away by her train of thought.

"Indiana." Cato said more powerfully when he realised that she hadn't heard a word that had been said for the past ten minutes.

"Huh?"

Features softening at the lost look on her face, Cato nudged their plates to one side and intertwined his fingers with hers, brushing his thumb across the scars littering her knuckles. Earlier when he had been waiting for her to return with Coin, Vasha had warned him that he was need to be patient with her for the next few days as the examination process would possibly cause her to be slightly withdrawn. However, he never expected her to be so unresponsive.

Either there was deeper wounds on her than had been revealed or Coin had forced her to do something truly evil.
Despite Cato's light questioning, Indiana had remained tight-lipped on the extra task Coin had forced her to endure.

"What happened, Indie? You keep disappearing into your head and I'm supposed to stop that from happening but I can't do that when I don't know what it is your fixating on."

"I lied." Indiana's voice was barely audible as she spoke in a hushed whisper, and Cato had to ask her to repeat herself. "On the test. They asked if I still saw people and I said no. Marvel was stood right behind the medic as I said it."

Wavering words struggled to slip past her mouth as the enormity of what she had done settled in.

Surprised that she was willing to share what had happened so soon, Cato told her to take her time and speak when she was ready. Inhaling a large gulp of water, she told him everything she had been forced to tell Vasha and the guilt that plagued her from lying.

"Thank you for telling me the truth but I don't think I can condemn you for lying. In fact, I'm glad you got away with it because tomorrow I'll be holding you in my arms." Pressing his forehead against hers, Cato bumped their noses gently before kissing her on the lips. "If it's something you wish you to get past, you and I can work on getting you past the last hurdle. On the other hand, if you want Marvel to stay, I will support you through that as well."