~ 3.9 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'Oh, I hope I'll make it out of here

'Oh, I hope I'll make it out of here.
Even if it takes all night or a hundred years.
Need a place to hide but I can't find one near.
Wanna feel alive.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

"Good morning, Miss Summers. I hope you had a good night's sleep." President Snow greeted walking over to where the girl sat motionless on the metal table.

She had yet to be strapped down but everyone in the room was aware that the blazing fight in her had burned out a long time ago. She wasn't about to make a break for it or attack President Snow anytime soon. Indiana had accepted her position as a prisoner of war. Snow couldn't help feeling smug at the fact that he had broken the wild spirit of Indiana, and he was well aware that the poor girl had slept little last night due to the small bouts of insanity she had suffered all night. On top of that, Annie Cresta had been muttering furiously to herself, Johanna had been sobbing in her sleep and Peeta had been missing – all of which had left the blonde woman spending the night fretting about her fellow imprisoned friends.

Indiana remained silent, too docile and emotionless to respond. This routine had become her norm. Nothing would break the cycle that had become her life. She was never escaping from this prison.

"Do you have any information you wish to divulge? Any memories that appeared suddenly in your consciousness?"

The questions were always the same. The routine as familiar to her as the insides of her own eyelids.

"I'm not telling you anything." Indiana gritted out, giving up on pretending as if she was oblivious to the rebel plans.

Snow knew for a fact that she was withholding valuable information about the events that had unfolded during the 75th Hunger Games but Indiana refused to give the slimy bastard anything that would aid him in squashing the rebels.

"Perhaps a little incentive." Snow murmured.

Indiana braced herself for the inevitable onslaught of pain that occurred every time she refused to give in to Snow's demands or did something he deemed unsatisfactory. However, the excruciating pain never came.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you this morning, Indiana." Snow laid a hand on her frail soldier as he stood behind her, smirking when she noticeably flinched. "An old couple by the name of Kentwell were executed in the Town Square of District One this morning on the grounds of treason. It was brought to my attention that they classed you as their last living kin so their possessions will be released to you when you leave here; which could happen sooner than you think if you just tell me what I wish to know."