~ 1.14 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓'There's no need to worry whenYou see just where we're at

'There's no need to worry when
You see just where we're at.
Just please don't say you love me.
'Cause I might not say it back.'
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

The incessant sound of buzzing roused the Career Pack from their sleep. Panic had them wide-eyed and jumping up when they felt a sharp stinging sensation on their skin. Grabbing their weapons, Indiana and Marvel sprinted towards the lack, knowing water would be able to soothe the venom of the Tracker Jackers.

"Cato!" Glimmer shrieked, swatting at the wasp-like mutants.

Sharing a glance with Marvel, Indiana dodged the arms that tried to stop her from running back to Glimmer. The younger blonde was plastered by the swarm and so Indiana swung the girl into her back (trying to ignore her own bites) and hurried towards the lake as fast as she could. Unfortunately, Indiana only made it so far before she collapsed to the forest floor, dropping Glimmer as she went.

"Go. Lake. Go to lake." Indiana stammered out, vision becoming cloudy as the poison worked it's way through her bloodstream.

Furious yelling that belonged to Cato directed the two girls to where the rest of the Pack were. Wobbling into the clearing, the two blondes were greeted with the sight of Cato towering over Peeta's form. Blood dripped from the sword's sharp edge and veins popped out of Cato's neck and forehead. His entire body was shaking with fury.

"Cato, stop." Indiana muttered weakly, failing to push Cato away from the cowering mess from Twelve. She was too weak to do anything.

Noticing the state of his best friend, Marvel scooped her up into his arms and watched as she practically collapsed. Handing him a water canteen, Clove and Marvel began pouring cool water on to her bites, smiling gratefully when she sighed in relief and some of the colour returned to her cheeks.

"Cato, leave him alone. You've injured him enough that he'll probably bleed out. Let him die by himself." Indiana reasoned when she felt strong enough to stand.

"You don't understand. He let her get away. She tried to kill us and he let her escape."

"He loves her. I would've done the same thing."

Staring at the women he liked for a few moments, Cato turned back to Peeta with his mind made up. "If I see you again, you're a dead man. No matter what Indie says."

Hobbling off down the rocky pathway, Peeta tried to go as fast as he could with his damaged leg. It didn't matter, no one was paying any attention to him. As soon as he was gone, Cato rushed over to Indiana and pulled her from Marvel's arms.

"Are you alright?" He asked gently, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. That was when his anger got the best of him. "You dumb bitch! Why did you go back? You could've been killed!"