~ 3.29 ~

┏━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┓Run past the rivers Run past all the light Feel it crashing and burning Till it all collides┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

Run past the rivers
Run past all the light
Feel it crashing and burning
Till it all collides
┗━━━━━━ ⋆⋅ ➹ ⋅⋆ ━━━━━━┛

Dazed, Indiana paid no attention to the halls and doors that passed as she was escorted back to her room. Hands shoved into her pockets, she thanked the soldiers that had been responsible for keeping her safe during the ruckus and slammed the door shut. Collapsing onto the plush mattress, she glanced down at her red fingers, surprised to see how steady her hands were. Two evils had been eradicated within a moment. The courtyard descended into chaos as people rushed to get away from the broken and bloody body of President Coin.

Katniss had been swarmed by soldiers are dragged away from the scene before she could cause any more harm. Uncertainty over who would govern Panem was high but Indiana had never felt so level-headed. All the bad memories of her time in imprisonment remained. Killing Snow hadn't eradicated them but living with them felt less heavy as she looked at the remnants of Snow that coated her hands.

A creaking sound caused Indiana's head to whip around, and she threw her hands behind her back as the door opened. Taken aback by the alarmed look on his wife's face, Cato thanked the men who guarded him on the way back before shutting the door in their faces, and quickly locking it.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He asked, scanning her over.

Checking the bandages on her leg, he was relieved to see she hadn't bled through during walk back to their room. Trepidation had smothered him when he felt her small hand ripped from his as people swarmed together. Unable to see her over the mass of heads, he had fought against the sea of people in a valiant effort to find her.

"Cato..." Indiana whispered. "It's over. It's really over."

"I know, baby. Coin is gone and Snow was killed during the mob. They're still trying to figure out who did it but nobody saw anything."

Reaching for her, Cato was surprised when she shuffled back slightly instead of leaning into his touch. Was she giving him the cold shoulder after the way he had treated her earlier? I can't say I blame her, thought Cato. He had been cruel to her over her own opinion when he should've supported her regardless. She supported his decisions and his actions. Whilst the rejection stung, he nodded in understanding and turned to enter the bathroom. All he wanted was to wash away the events of the day.

"Cato."

Humming in response, he turned with his shirt in hand. The tremor in her voice had him looking at her in sympathy, believing the events had shaken her up. If they hadn't, then his behaviour would be the only other thing that could have upset her. He never wanted to be the reason she sounded like that.

Teeth nervously chewing the inside of her cheek, Indiana hesitated over what to say. After his reaction to her decision earlier, she was unsure how he would respond to what she had done. Pulled out of her thoughts when he called her name, Indiana realised she hadn't spoken in a few minutes. Taking a deep breath, she pulled her hands out from behind her back. Mouth dropping open, Cato struggled to form coherent sentences as he looked at the colour on them.