Chapter 12- Home At Last Or Not

"Home!" I said as I got off the bus with my things. I ran into the house and gave Maura a huge hug.

"Oh, it feels so good to be home!" I said in her arms.

"Oh I bet! It's good to see you again! We missed you guys!"

Everyone else walked in as I went upstairs and flopped down on the bed.

I was pretty tired for some reason, so I decided to take a nap. I changed into a t-shirt and some spanks and wrapped myself in our bedding.

"Whatcha doin?" Niall asked, kissing my forehead.

"Bout to take a nap. I'm so tired." I replied.

"Why?" He asked.

"I didn't sleep well last night I guess." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like some company?" He asked.

"Yes please!" I giggled.

We slept for about 2 hours and it was six o'clock when I woke up. When I woke up, Niall was dressed really nice.

"Where are you going?" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

"I'm taking you to dinner." He replied.

"Thanks so much for waking me up." I laughed as he chuckled.

45 minutes later, I was ready.

I was in a short orange cocktail dress with some orange pumps and a black clutch. I had put some makeup on and had a curly updo.

"Wow! You look great! You are.....beautiful." Niall said as we joined hands and walked down the stairs.

"Where are you two off to?" Louis asked.

"Dinner." Niall replied.

"Have fun!" Eleanor said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Bye!" Danielle exclaimed while winking at me.

-------------

"Thank you." I smiled as Niall helped me into the car.

"You're welcome." He said before walking around the car and getting in.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." Niall said.

"Okay then. Are you ready for Christmas?" I sighed.

"Yes!" Niall exclaimed.

"Me too... It's not too far away, ya know." I stated as he nodded.

When we arrived at our destination, it was the restaurant that we had our first date at, I was excited.

"Luigi's! Yay!" I said. "Niall, we had our first date here, 6 months ago!" I stated.

"Yes we did beautiful!" He replied taking my hand and kissing my cheek.

"You're so sweet Niall." I said.

"Why? What did I do?" He said.

"You're just being yourself...the old Niall I remember." I said.

Once we got seated, Niall reached over and kissed my hand. Reaching into his jacket pocket, he pulled out a little box. When I opened it, I think it was diamond, but it was GORGEOUS!

"What's this?" I asked as Niall was coming around the table and putting the beautiful necklace on me.

The necklace was an infinity sign with a heart in the middle.

"My love for you." Niall said, sitting back down.

"Well Horan, you won't win me over with material..." I said.

"I know, it's just an early christmas present." he replied.

"Thank you, Niall! I love it, it's beautiful!" I said.

"Just like you." he said while kissing my hand as I blushed.

"So." Niall said.

"21 questions?" I asked.

"Yes." he replied.

We spent the night talking and eating dinner, then we started driving home. There was a truck that didn't stop at an intersection, and it was hard for Niall to slow down at the speed he was going.

"Niall! Watch out!" I screamed.

Next thing I know, I'm in a hospital bed surrounded by him and Danielle.

"Mom! She's awake!" I heard Niall say.

"Sweetheart, how are you? Please tell me that you remember me...." Niall said frantically.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm fine." I said.

The doctor came in and said, "There were no memory problems, she should be fine."

"Oh good!" I heard Niall's mother exclaim as her and Danielle squeezed hands.

"Do you remember what happened?" Danielle asked.

"Well, there was a truck that ran through the intersection, and we t-boned it." I said.

"Same as I remember." Niall said.

"Well, you have a broken leg." Louis said walking in and hugging me.

"And a headache...." Harry said doing the same.

"Watchout! We have a mind-reader over here!" I replied.

"You also have a purple cast on your leg." Liam said kissing my cheek.

"Don't forget the crutches!" Eleanor said hugging me and setting the crutches on the wall by the door.

"Yeah, and Niall told me what your favorite color was, so I picked purple!" Zayn said hugging me.

"Thanks Zayn." I said laughing.

"Well, you can't forget that you have a broken rib!" Mr. Horan (Niall's dad) said walking in with some pretty flowers.

"Yes, well, that explains the aching in my side!" I stated.

"Niall! Are you hurt?" I asked, taking his hand.

"No, just a broken arm...." he replied.

"Let me guess, a green cast?" I said before he pulled it out of the sling, revealing a green cast. Ha! I was right!

"Well, the doctor said you can go home whenever you're ready." Maura smiled.

"Now!" I shouted as Niall and everyone laughed at me.