Chapter 28- An Explanation

*Maura's POV*

"Hey." I said as Lexi's Mum picked up the phone.

"You sound sad, is something wrong?" She asked.

"Um, yeah, there is actually." I said.

"What? Is Lexi ok?" Her Mum asked.

"Um, today Lexi had her sonogram and they found out the gender, boy." I told her, getting teary eyed.

"What's bad about that?" She asked.

"They couldn't find a heartbeat. There was no heartbeat. I'm so sorry, Amber." I explained.

We continued talking, catching up, and crying for a couple for minutes.

*Lexi's POV*

I turned my head around and saw Niall approaching, and he was also crying.

"It was a boy." He said.

I just nodded and turned back around.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

I continued to cry and look out the rainy window. This was officially the worst day of my life.

"What's to talk about?" I replied.

"Well, we're all here if you change your mind. Your doctor called a while ago, why don't you come downstairs and call her back?" He asked.

I got up and walked out of the room. I went downstairs and Niall followed.

Maura handed me the phone and I stepped aside to talk to my doctor.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi Lexi." My doctor said.

"Hi Doctor Grayson." I replied.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." He said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Anyway, I would like to talk with you about your misscarriage." He stated.

"Ok." I replied.

"Um, you're not the only one that this has happened to, this isn't a rare case." He explained.

"Ok." I said, letting a tear fall down.

My eyes followed it down until it hid the hardwood floor.

"Would you like to talk about it some other time?" She asked, concerned.

"No, no, please continue." I said, wiping my tears.

"Ok, sometimes, this just happens. Sometimes the baby just doesn't make it, and it dies. It wasn't strong enough." He said.

"I'm so sorry Lexi." He apologized.

"It's fine, thank you." I replied.

"Ok, I'll talk to you later, bye." He said.

"Thank you, bye."