Death Threats And Coffee

Summary; Bruce, Dick, Clark, and Kaldur met up to discuss the YT. However Dick runs into an old friend.

"Percy Jackson?! It's been so long since I've seen you dude!" Dick Grayson smiled widely at his old school friend, he hadn't seen the green-eyed young man for nearly two years.

"Dick Grayson?" Percy asked, looking both surprised and happy to see his old friend, he quickly pulled Dick into a rough hug.

Dick was meeting up with Bruce, Clark, and Kalder to discuss some issues that had arisen in the Team. The nineteen year old was surprised to run into Percy, as he had moved somewhere in San Francisco after finishing school.

The two friends pulled away,
"What have you bee-"
"What are you up t-"
They cut themselves off as they each spoke at the same time, laughing Percy patted Dicks shoulder. "What have you been up to?"
"Oh you know the usual... working as a detective in Blüdhaven, getting hot babes, and so on."

"A detective?! Wow I'm so proud of you, I always knew you had it in you." Dick rubbed the back of his head in slight embarrassment at the praise.
Percy had been his closest friend as Dick Grayson, sure he hung with Wally, but more as Robin.

Percy had been the one person who had never questioned his 'disappearances' which made him easier to be around.
No matter how many times he came to school with an injury Percy never batted an eye and excepted the excuse Dick provided without question.
Now that I think about it, it's kinda concerning.

What worried Dick was that his friend had no scars on his skin, but now many scars were visible on his friends arms and neck, even on his face.
Some of the jagged white lines seemed years old, like they had been there way before Dick even met Percy.

"What have you been up to? I thought you were in San Fran?"
"Well I came to Metropolis to meet with a friend, granted I may have been stood up because I don't see him here."
"Do I know them?"
Percy scrunched his eyebrows together, seemingly thinking "I believe you do, do you remember Grover Underwood?"

"Your old sixth grade friend that would visit you? Yeah I remember him." Dick rubbed the back of his neck.
Back then he had been suspicious of Grover's sudden appearances so he had looked him up in the Bat-computer, and found nothing. No birth record. No residence. Nothing.
Just a little suspicious.

"He's probably just running late..."
Percy shook his head his eyes showing worry, "No it isn't like him to be late."

"Well hello there Perseus."
The two boys turned around only to see Bruce as well as Clark.

"Oh come on Mr. Wayne, it's Percy."
"Well then it's Bruce." Bruce's gaze casually evaluated Percy, his eyes only resting on the scars for a moment before they were back up to Percy's face. "What have you been up t-"

Bruce was cut off by the ringing of a phone, Percy looked at the older man sheepishly.
"Sorry I have to take this."

The green-eyed man quickly took a few steps away before fishing his phone from his pocket, as soon as he looked at the caller ID he hurriedly answered it.
The three heroes watched as Percy's worried face turned almost murderous before he abruptly hung up the phone.

He quickly walked back over to them, an apologetic smile on his face no trance of the fury that his eyes held just moments before.
"Sorry but I really have to go...." he looked over at Dick and held out his hand, Dick shook it giving him an additional pat on the shoulder. "it was nice seeing you Percy."
"You too Dick."

They watched as he almost jogged from the small shop, and as soon as the small bell on the door announced his exit Bruce and Dick both turned to the man of steel.
"What was that about?" The gruff voice of Bruce Wayne asked.

"Uh Richard you sure your friend is clean?" The man in questions eyes widened slightly but he nodded. "Well someone by the name of Octavian called Percy presumedly using an Annabeth's phone. He spoke mostly in a different language, but it sounded like she was in trouble."

"Well good thing I placed a tracer on him."

———