The Forgotten Things

<A one-shot where there was another member of the bat-fam...and where Jason wasn't alone when he died...>

_________________

Dick was almost always happy.
The various times that Tim had seen Dick Grayson, were when the twenty-year-old was making some dumb joke or giving a bone crushing hug.

Being the life of the room never seemed hard for the Blüdhaven vigilante, it came as naturally to him as the intricate flips he pulled off on the trapeze that should be impossible.

Yet sometimes...Dick Grayson cried.
Moments when the small photo album shoved deep within his closet at the manor came to surface. Or when a lone shoe much too small to be Dick's was found, it looked as though it had been pink at one point but had been painted blue a long time ago.

Last time Dick Grayson had visited, Tim had asked the original Robin if he had wanted to watch Finding Nemo...two hours later Dick was still softly sobbing in his room.

When Tim had asked Alfred why Dick had reacted so...drastically, the old man had simply obtained a far-off look in his eyes. 'Master Richard used to watch that film with two people very close to him.'

Used. Past tense.

Dick didn't live at the manor, not anymore, yet that hadn't stopped him from coming by to make sure Tim was alright. Making sure Tim wasn't alone.

Questions such as those were thoughtful and heartfelt the first couple times of being asked...but now...it was strange.
Almost as if Dick needed to make sure Tim knew he wasn't alone, like an obsession.

Although each time Dick came to visit he never stayed very long, a gap seemed to have formed between the young adult and Bruce.

One that was the fault of the two empty rooms on the second floor.

The first few months in the manor were hard. Tim missed his parents, but training to become Robin kept his mind mostly occupied and distracted.

Though never distracted enough to forget the reason he was training to be Robin, the reason for the two suits on display in the large cave.

He always found his gaze traveling to the two display cases. Constant reminders that it wasn't a game, it was real.
Being a hero came with consequences...some more permanent than others.

-

It had been five years.
Five years tomorrow to be exact.

Their legacies pushed him harder, to prove himself, to live up to the two heroes that gave up their lives for the mission.

Tim narrowed his eyes at the screen before him. Two new crime bosses affiliated with each other had emerged from seemingly no where.

Medusa and Redhood.
Why did they always have a gimmick?

As Tim typed furiously on the ginormous computer, he never forgot their sacrifice. He would bring in these two crime bosses in their memory.

For Percy Jackson and Jason Todd.
For the mission.

—•—

Well that was a happy chapter lol