Winter Soldier Jr 2.0

_____________

He had long learned to never let his guard down, but staring at his youngest sister's grandchild..Bucky wasn't expecting anything to happen in that moment. He was completely focused on his great-niece's facial expression.
Why would he be watching for an attack?

The force that shoved him against the wall of the hallway was near inhuman, even more so coming from the eighteen-year-old that now glared viciously at him.

"I. Told. You. Stay the fuck away from me," she hissed out, her eyes swirling dangerously with a deadly look many assassins had directed on him before. The arm against his throat pushed harder.
"I'm done playing your games. I'm done being your little soldier. So for the last and final time. Fuck off."

Reflexes acting before even his eyes could see the knife, his metal arm snatched the Kopis before it could reach its target; his neck.

Truth be told in the moment Bucky had all but forgotten about Steve, between the nerves and the sudden attack his brain was muddled to say the least.
His instincts screamed at him to attack, to lash out with vengeance. But there, in the curve of her nose, the shape of her eyes, was his youngest sister, Rebecca.

Strong hands wrapped themselves around young Perseus, hauling her back and away from Buck.
"Woah, woah. Calm down. We aren't here to hurt you, Perseus. We just want to talk." Steve's words, if anything, seemed to make the situation worse.

With yet another Kopis in hand, the kid jerked out of Steve's hold, arm whirling around to stab him. Reaching out with his metal arm, Bucky pinned her arm back to the wall with great care. Making certain to keep his hold as loose as possible whilst still pinning her, Bucky spoke oh so very softly his voice taking a tone he now rarely used to the thrashing kid pinned to the wall.

"We aren't here to hurt you. We aren't with whoever is after you..I swear we only want to talk."

The kid observed him behind narrowed eyes, her lips drawn back in a sneer and Buck knew he was a moment away from being spit at.

"My name is James Barnes, I had a younger sister named Rebecca Barnes who ended up marrying your grandfather and having your mother, Sally Jackson. I just wanted to meet you."

Green eyes fluttered to glance at Steve before returning to stare intently up at him. While the look would still be classified as a glare, some of the heat left her eyes, instead replaced by distrust.
Improvement. He would take what he could get.

Taking a cautious step forward, Steve slowly raised his arms in surrender. "I'm Steve Rodgers, Bucky's friend. I knew Becca since I was a kid."

Silence spread between the three as Perseus simply starred at them, no longer pulling in his grip but not at all relaxed. "If I let you now, will you try to stab either of us?"

The hesitate shake of her head was not what he was going for, but he slowly released her nonetheless.

Straightening her back, the kid crossed her arms with a small frown, clearly deep in thought, "so..you're not from my dad's side."

"No."

"Oh."

...
"Well, thanks for stopping by, see you hopefully never. Bye now," the door was slammed in their face before either could protest.

-

Kopis—Grecian dagger