Uh sorry?

"Annabeth don't I'm sorr-" Percy cut off with a heavy sigh, already regretting teasing his beautiful girlfriend.
With dread he watched as she the ball sailed high above his head and over onto the other side of tall bushes.

A  crackle sounded from across the field making Percy turn back towards Annabeth and shoot a playful glare.
"I said I was sorry."

"I guess I just don't know my own strength sea-weed brain, oops. I guess you have to go get the ball." Even from almost sixty feet away Percy could still make out the smug smile on Annabeth's face.
With one last sigh the dark-haired son of Poseidon trekked towards the tall bushes and, deciding to go through them other than around them, struggled to push past the countless branches.

-•-

He pumped his fist in triumphs he finally reached the other side, his gleeful smirk slowly turning into an awkward smile as he noticed seven adults staring at him curiously.
"Uh hi?"

"Hello there mortal!" A tall well built blond man boomed with a loud voice, his eyes a familiar sky blue.
Without second thought Percy dropped into a defensive stance, his hand hovering slightly above his pocket. "What did you just call me?"

The man didn't get a chance to respond as one of his friends spoke up instead. "Whoa there kid, clam down."

That didn't clam Percy down, in fact, it made him even more antsy as they were obviously trained for combat to have that quick of a reaction to Percy simply stepping into a defensive position.
"Who are you?"
Annabeth will be proud that I'm using my head.

A dark-haired man with a goatee scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion. "You don't know who we are?"

Percy tilted his head curiously. "Should I?" He didn't even recognize any of them, not one.

The man with the goatee scoffed. "He doesn't even know me!" He waved at the six. "I'd understand if he didn't know you, but me!?"

He could only blink at the strange man as he slowly stood up from his stance, now very confused. "Look I literally have no idea who you are... I'm just came over to grab my baseball... what?"
The last part he added when he noticed the seven adults look at him with suspicious surprise, all seven looked ready to fight at a moments notice.
Gods and I thought Neeks was paranoid.

"That wouldn't happen to be your ball would it?" Percy's gaze followed to where the man was motioning and the young demigod couldn't help but gulp.
Dam it Wise-girl, you had to get it in the tree didn't you?

A nervous laugh escaped his throat. "Uh sorry?" He cautiously walked up to the tree and reached into the huge indent in the trunk and pulled out his ball.
Walking back to the tree he paused before gingerly saying "Goodbye." And quickly hurrying back through the bush.

-•-

The Avengers turned to each other, staring in confused shock.
Until Tony broke the silence.

"What the f*ck?"

-