Who You Are

"Show me who you love and I'll tell you who you are."

-

RAIN DRIBBLED DOWN THE DIM STREETS of Gotham, gloom practically hung in the air as the people of Crime Alley hurried to and from, all eager to get home.
After all, the streets were dangerous, now more so than ever. The clown was out of Arkham.

Nearly six months ago, the Redhood had appeared in Crime Alley, claiming it as his own with a duffle of heads as his payment. At first all feared the red-themed crime-boss—and they still did—but now the Alley was the safest place in Gotham, or at least, it had been.

It was no secret that the Redhood and the Joker had a past, one that wasn't so pleasant, leaving all disputes between them deadly.

Only 16 hours had pasted since the clown-prince of Gotham had disappeared from Arkham and an orphanage under the Redhood's protection was already blown up, ending the lives of twenty.

Yet, perhaps it was for the best, after all, if a demigod son of Hermes hadn't been one of the casualties, help may not have arrived.
And if she hadn't come, this story would not exist.

-

ALONE SAT A DARK HAIRED WOMAN, a coffee before her in the dark corner of the cafe, but her attention was focused on the laptop before her, displaying a blond with perfectly curly hair.
"This place...you can feel the darkness hanging over it." She waved her hand around, as of to prove her point.

"Well, it is known as the crime capital of the USA, what did you expect?"

"Not much." She admitted, "granted this city can go rot in Tartarus for all I care, it should have been smitten years ago by one of the gods."

"I know how much Thomas meant to you."

"That brat...we were finally gonna finalize his adoption under  'Mr.Brunner' next month..."

"That piece of shit stole my little brother from me, I'll be damned if I let him walk free. The bat's Justice doesn't work."

Annabeth paused, her gaze worried, "are you sure you want to do this?" She asked cautiously, "you'll be on the bat's radar once this goes down, he'll possibly never stop hunting up."

Waving her hand in dismissal, Percy nodded her head solimly. "If I don't avenge Thomas then," she chocked on her words, "he was like my brother Wisegirl..that stain on the world will never kill again."

Her hands clenched into fists, as her lips twisted into a snarl. Thomas was one of the best among them, he was a good kid, untainted by the ruthless lives demigods were forced to live.
He was so excited to be able to legally live at camp..but then the clown...

If it took being chased by the bat of Gotham for the rest of her existence, so be it.
Joker was going to pay.

-

HIS PLAN WAS FLAWLESS, ALL SIDES WERE COVERED. Or so he had thought.
The Redhood had successfully lured out the Clown, every piece was in its place. But just as the green-haired monster had entered his sights, standing alone on the abandoned docks, a new player entered the game.

It had to be an Amazonian. The armour was all right, the looks were all right, the Xiphos sword was all right, but the fighting technique..it was Grecian yet there was something else to it.
The Grecian—because she had to be Greek—fought with the fury of hell, her eyes familiar glowing swirls of green rage.
Yet the Clown danced out of her reach, his style all too unpredictable.