Medusa

Gore warning

—•—

"Hey, it's me."

From the corner of her eye, she saw the metallic flash of a gun being drawn.

"I know it's been a while."

She threw a knife without a second thought, smiling as the man cried in pain when the knife embedded into his hand.

"I've missed you."

Strolling forward casually, she kicked the gun away from where it had landed when the man dropped it.

"I'm doing good."

Drawing another knife slowly so he could get a good view, she watched with satisfaction as he started mumbling in terror.

"I have to go now."

The man began to beg, for his miserable little life, she let him for her amusement. All the more fun when she kills him.

"I'll visit when I'm less...busy."

In a smooth motion, she slid the short blade across his throat, watching intently as his blood gurgled out.

"Bye, mom."

She stood up to her feet, a sigh escaping her lips as she breathed in the cool dawn air. Sparing the gravestone one last look before she began to walk back to her bike.
The events of just a couple of hours ago ran through her mind and she couldn't help but smirk in satisfaction. The man had been a known pimp, stealing girls off the street with nowhere to go and forcing them to 'work'. His body would never be found.

The sudden crackle of her comms made her hand reach up to her ear. "What is it?"
'We have a job.'
"Be there in ten."
Running a hand through her long black hair, she gazed up at the cloudy sky, the sun would soon light up the morning within the next hour.
"I better hurry."
She grumbled to herself as she squeezed her head into the tight-fitting helmet. She really needed to get a new one, although it did possess many intricate gadgets so she really couldn't complain.
The large bike let out a loud rumble as she twisted the throttle, she let out a jovial laugh as she zoomed past the outskirts of Star City.

Dawn was her hour. What many crooks didn't seem to realize was that most of the capes—if not all—went to their cozy little beds at this time. Desperate for the meagre hours of sleep they would get.
Gods she loved her life.

She reached the haunt in ten minutes as promised. Taking off her helmet and parking the bike in the small garage, she took off up the cramped staircase. The haunt was small, yes, but it had everything the two could need. Besides, they never stayed in one place for long.

Reaching the top with a small huff, she walked up to a hard metal door and tapped softly on the smooth cool surface. "Come in." A gruff voice called.
Rolling her eyes she swung open the door, "Were you there again, Medusa?" The question was not a question at all, but a warning, a reminder as to why she was here and who she now was.
"Yes sir." She answered stiffly.
The man turned and observed her with one eye.
Whatever it was he saw he gave a satisfied nod.