Partners In Crime

<contains cussing>

_____________________

"Roy! Wait up!"
"Yeah Roy, wait up!"

Roy fought an eye roll, but slowed nonetheless, allowing the shorter boys to jog in order to catch up. "Why are you two following me?"
As soon as Percy was at his side the young boy shot him a cheeky grin, "because we are cool like that."

This time Roy actually did roll his eyes, "yeah well, the cookout," he gestured behind him with his thumb, "is that way."
Robin trotted up to his side, the dark shades covering his eyes and securing his identity blocked out the sun—which was forcing Roy to narrow his eyes as he looked down at the second boy-wonder.

"Yeah, that's why we are following you." Robin made a face. "Goldie is obsessed with 'family bonding', I think I liked it better when he hated me."
Roy let out a chuckle at the reminder, Dick—yes he knew the bat clan identities— had called countless nights at 3 am just to rant about the new little bird, aka Jason Todd and now it seemed Dick had gotten over whatever issues he had with the newest Robin.
Roy still didn't exactly know how to feel about the fourteen-year-old, all he did know was that Jason was a brat with anger issues.

"Oh come on Ja-Robin, he's not that bad, at least your older brother actually likes you." Roy raised an eye at Percy's near slip-up, so Wonder Woman's protégée knew Robin's identity.
It also sounded like Percy had a pretty sad home life? It was hard to tell when the demigod was joking or being serious.
Like 'fought my uncle on a beach with a sword'...'can't wait to die in a year' he couldn't actually be serious.

"Anyway, you should come back to the cookout Roy." At that Roy couldn't help but scoff. "Yeah right, did you see Ollie? He was a totally dic-idiot."
The two smaller boys shared a look before turning back to Roy, "you can swear around us you know, we both grew up on the streets." Robin gestured to Percy, "me more than him, but still."

Yet another fact Roy hadn't known about Percy, shaking his head Roy scoffed, "and why would I go back? I'm walking in the other direction for a reason ya know."

The two boys shared yet another look before Percy just blurted out. "Di—Nightwing bet us twenty bucks we couldn't get you to come back." Jason elbowed Percy in the gut, making him grunt.

"Seriously? Twenty bucks?" The boys just shrugged, "you never know when you could use some extra cash."
Roy rolled his eyes at Jason. "You live with a billionaire! And you..." he pointed at Percy, "aren't you the son of a literal god? Why the hell do you need twenty bucks?"

The two friends smiled up at him innocently as Jason took the lead. "Firstly, secret identity Harper, and secondly I already said it, you never know when you could use extra cash."
Percy stepped in after he had finished nodding at Jason's words. "Poseidon isn't exactly ' father of the year'." He said, making air quotes with his fingers. "And Bruce doesn't like giving Jason money, something about not making good decisions."
So he does know their identities.

When Jason opened his mouth to say something else, Roy interrupted. "Okay fine, if I give you twenty bucks will you shut up about me going back to the cookout?" The two boys nodded eagerly and watched like two hawks as Roy fished out the money. He handed them both a ten before continuing down the street, glad to be done with them.

His joyous thought was quickly cut off as he noticed the two boys were still following him. "What are you two doing?" He asked as he whirled around.
Jason was the one to speak, "well we don't really have a reason for going back to the cook-out...so why not follow you?"