One More Too Many.

Start from the beginning

Cleo and Mirabelle flinch slightly at her tone, but Rikki is unaffected.

" Yeah, you are a bit right about that. I honestly don't know why it's such a big deal. So what, Mirabelle is a mermaid just like us, and we need to stick together, if we're gonna understand what happened to us. Mirabelle is way more experienced than we are, and it's a no brainer that we could learn a lot more about our abilities from her. So Emma, try not to be a controlling bitch and look at the bigger picture here. " Rikki says, her voice stern as she stares intently at Emma, who is glaring hard at the floor.

Emma doesn't respond, and Mirabelle takes this as her cue to leave. This is exactly what she'd been afraid of.

" Um.. I think I'd better go, you obviously have a lot to discuss, and it's getting pretty late... My house is a bit far from here so.. um... Bye? " Mirabelle says and immediately heads out of the room, closing the door behind her, and practically sprinting all the way down stairs to the front door.

Her eyes were blurry as tears kept threatening to spill, even though she had been wiping at them furiously. As she opens the front door, she runs into the hard chest of a man, Emma's father, but she doesn't know.

" Sorry " she mumbles, without looking at the man, as she dashes to her bicycle.

She could hear the man faintly asking if she is okay, but she does not stop, or answer, as she gets on her bicycle and heads home to allow her tears freedom.

* * *

" We don't even know who she is! " Emma yells at Rikki.

They had been arguing about Mirabelle, ever since she left the room. Cleo had been trying to get them to calm down because she knew how bad it could be if the both of them got too angry.

" There's nothing stopping us from finding out now, is there?! " Rikki fires back.

" You guys, seriously, calm down. Bickering will get us nowhere. " Cleo tries again for the umpteenth time. She honestly thought they were past this stage, but apparently not. They ignore her.

" Why are you even opposed to this, no one's asking you to become buddy buddy with her. All I'm saying is that you keep an open mind about this. Why is it so damn hard for you? " Rikki asks, trying to reign in her anger. She could feel the heat threatening to spread through her.

" Because I don't know who she is, or where she comes from. For all I know, that whole mermaid story of hers, could be a lie! How can she have been a mermaid since she was eight, that's assuming 16 is even her real age! I don't know about you Rikki, but I don't just go around making rando's my friends. I'm very particular about who I let in my circle, and I'm starting to see that even accepting you was a bad idea because you obviously have no standards! " Emma retorts, trying to control her anger. The chill was present.

Before anyone could say anything, the door opens and Emma's dad walks in.

" Is everything okay in here? I think I just saw a friend of yours, and it looks like she was crying " he says, looking at all of them with confusion and concern in his eyes. He really didn't understand teenagers and all their drama.

" Everything is okay Mr. Gilbert, just a little misunderstanding that's all " Cleo says, smiling nervously as Emma and Rikki were still in a stare down.

" Okay.. would you all like something to drink, it seems you need to let off some steam " he says noticing the tension between Emma and Rikki.

" There is no need for that sir, " Rikki says, turning to face him with the fakest smile she can muster. " I was just leaving. " She finishes, and walks out of the room without a backward glance.

She was right about this shit called friendship. It was bogus. She picks up her bicycle, and rides off. This was the last time she tried at it.

" What about you two? " Emma's dad asks when Rikki leaves.

Emma blinks, just now realizing what she'd done. She was such an idiot. She looks at her dad and finds him staring at her in confusion. She wants to say something, but Cleo beats her to it.

" No thank you sir, Im also leaving too. It's almost past my curfew " Cleo says, as she backs out of the room, not making eye contact with Emma. " See you at school Em " she adds softly, and leaves the house.

As she rides home, she tries to make sense of what just happened. Why was Emma so against Mirabelle, she was practically harmless. Cleo could tell almost instantly, that Mirabelle didn't have much friends when they talked in the bathroom. The way she looked so scared and lost after running away from Darren, made Cleo's heart go out to her, and made her want to be her friend, even more so now that she's one of them. Cleo was disappointed in Emma, but for friendships sake, she was gonna give her the benefit of doubt until she knew what was going on in Emma's head. She takes a deep breath, and let's the evening breeze cool her skin. It has really been a long day.

# # # #

What to say, what to say, what to say.

It is done! The chapter you've all been waiting for. As expected, Cleo was no hassle, but Emma? Sheesh, she scares even me 😅

So, what'd ya think about Emma's reaction. Was it called for? Or was she just being a controlling bitch like Rikki not so subtly pointed out?

Lemme know in the comment section.

Please vote.

Song Suggestion: Love To Hate Me by Blackpink ❤️🖤

Thank you.

Till next time,

Luwiza out ✌️