Kiss And Tell.

This chapter is dedicated to MadisonPeterson8 🥰

***

Cleo clicks her phone shut as she stands beside her bike in the parking lot. She just got off the phone with Lewis. He had called to ask how things were going, how she was, and complained about how his parents were being unreasonable. According to him, he was fine enough to resume school and didn't know what all the fuss was about. Cleo, however, did not share in his sentiments an wanted him to be fully recuperated so that she could be completely certain that he was okay. She'd assured him that he wasn't missing anything important, and promised to give him the notes and assignments that he needed. That was enough to pacify him at least for now, her Lewis was such a nerd.

" Hey hottie. " Rikki says from behind Cleo as she puts an arm around her shoulders. " How's it going? " She says seductively to Cleo.

" Yeah, I'm sorry I don't swing that way, and even if I did, you're not my type. " Cleo answers sassily as she removes Rikki's hand from her shoulder and sashays towards Emma, flipping her hair for effect.

" Well ain't that just sad. It don't matter tho, I've got a date with Beyonce and I can't afford to two time, so you're safe, for now. " Rikki finishes with a shrug and a smirk.

Emma and Cleo laugh out loud gaining the attention of some students in the parking lot.

" Where is Mirabelle, she should be here by now. School's been over for like ten minutes already. " Emma says, checking her wrist watch.

" Relax, she'll be here. " Rikki says, chill as she leans on her bicycle.

As if on cue, Mirabelle comes through the double doors and walks hastily towards them. She looked a little disheveled with her hair all over the place as she tugs at the Hem of her sweater trying to pull it in place.

" Well shit. " Rikki says mischievously.

" Hey guys, I'm so sorry I'm late I was a little...held up is all. " Mirabelle says breathlessly as she tries to smoothen her hair and outfit.

" What happened to you, did you get into a fight with some wild animal? " Cleo asks as she helps put a stray lock of hair in place.

Emma just stares at Mirabelle suspiciously while Rikki grins from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat, making Mirabelle even more uneasy.

Mirabelle laughs nervously, unable to explain or defend herself.

At that moment, Darren comes through the double doors and the girls turn to look at him. He had a cool smirk on his face, and his hair looked like he'd ran his hands through it repeatedly. The girls watch as he strides to his Jeep, pushing a button on his keys that turns on the car. He is seemingly unaware of all the female attention he just snagged. When he gets to his Jeep, he turns and looks at the girls, more at Mirabelle, and then gives them a nod of recognition. This small gesture sends the entire student body into a frenzy as murmurs erupt from all angles. Cleo and Emma are stunned speechless, and Rikki's smile becomes painstakingly wider as she takes in Mirabelle's blush ridden appearance, and how she bites her lips to stop from smiling.

" What the hell. " Emma says bewildered.

" Did Darren Lockwood just...holla at us? " Cleo asks disbelievingly as Darren drives out of the parking lot at a good speed.

" The times have changed clear bear, the times have changed. " Rikki says whimsically as she mounts her bike.

Mirabelle immediately does the same in order to avoid questions.