Cleo's POV

When Cleo gets to the living room, she sees Rikki sitting or more like lounging on the couch.

" I thought you already left, " she asks with her eyebrows drawn together in confusion and or surprise

" Nah, I thought I'd wait for you. Figured I couldn't just leave you here since we came together, and plus we're already late, so what's the point of rushing back. " Rikki states

" What happened between you and Emma, I'm not stupid. I saw the way you were glaring at each other, so don't even bother lying " she states firmly

" Oh it was the usual. She was being a bitch, I was being brutally honest and things were said. No need to worry your pretty little head about it ok. " Rikki responds with a shrug and a smile.

" That's exactly what Emma said. Fine,  don't tell me. How did her room get dry then? Cause when I left it was the freaking ice age and even though you somehow got the heater higher than normal, it would take about an hour or so for the room to be even remotely dry. I'm sure I was only down for nothing more than ten minutes, so what gives" Cleo exhales growing more confused by the second.

" Look. I don't know. All I know is that one minute it was freezing, and the next it wasn't anymore. This whole mermaid thing is getting more confusing by the day. Anyway..." Rikki stands "... You ready to go? " She picks up her bag, and slings it on her shoulder.

" Not really, Emma said to wait for her to get ready..." Cleo says quietly.

" And I'm sure you're goin to huh? " Rikki asks incredulously.

" Yeah, she's my friend. I can't just leave her especially when she told me to stay. " Cleo explains as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Rikki just shakes her head with a small smile " right, ' friends '. Well, don't let me get in the way of that friendship. Later toots. " She says and heads out the door. It was never even shut.

Cleo watches as she gets on her bicycle and zooms away towards school. Cleo couldn't understand Rikki one bit. The way she regarded she and Emma's friendship it was almost as if it was nothing but a joke to her. Rikki had even called her Emma's sidekick at one point, and Cleo could not for the life of her understand why.

Cleo closes the door, and with all these thoughts running through her mind, goes to get a glass of water. When she turns on the tap, and puts the glass under the running water, something really strange happens. The water shifts.

" Huh? " Cleo gasps as she immediately removes the glass from under the tap.

The instant she does that, the water returns back to its normal position. She puts the cup under the tap and again, the water shifts.

" What in the world... " Cleo mutters amazed

She places the glass on the the counter, and slowly reaches out to touch the water. This time, the water curves into an arc as if running away from her. " Wow" Cleo says to herself, a small smile playing on her lips.

She moves her hand to the side, the water follows, she wiggles her fingers, the water wiggles the same way.

" Unbelievable " she mutters in awe.

She continues manipulating the water, loving the way it felt. It was like warm liquid vines were wrapping around her arms. She couldn't help but feel... Powerful, and at ease.

" Cleo!" Emma calls running down the stairs.

She quickly withdraws her hands. The water goes back to normal, right before Emma enters the kitchen.

" What are you doing? " Emma asks looking from her to the running water.

" Nothing... I was getting a drink " Cleo responds nervously.

" Okay... Come on, let's go " Emma says then turns around and starts heading to the door.

Cleo turns off the tap, and runs behind Emma " coming! "

Emma goes to the garage to get her own bicycle, while Cleo waits with hers outside. Afterwards, she locks the door, and they both head to school.

# # # #

There you go my lovelyz. This was just a filler chapter. Cleo finally observes her powers, this is so exciting. Don't worry though, there is a lot more drama coming your way, so sit tight, and enjoy the ride.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. I really want to get some feedback on the story.

Till next time

Luwiza out ✌️