Chit Chat.

Mirabelle remains frozen. She is unable to comprehend what just happened to her, her life had just literally flashed before her eyes, and she realized.. she was a major looser with zero social life. Pathetic, in short. But that was going to change, hopefully.

Rikki stares at Mirabelle, and can't tell if she's surprised or amazed. There was another mermaid apart from she, Emma and Cleo, and she didn't know what to make of it.

' whoa, are you okay? ' she thinks to Mirabelle.

' what the hell... ' Mirabelle begins, obviously confused as to how she can hear Rikki, while they were underwater.

' yes, I know it's shocking, I'm talking to you.. or is it thinking at you? ' Rikki questions thoughtfully ' nevermind, are you alright? ' she thinks at her while swimming towards her looking a little concerned.

' um... Yeah, I am... I think.. ' Mirabelle responds and leans on the reef behind her.

She leans her head back and closes her eyes. The motion causes her hair to float and cover her face. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves.

' that was knarly, how'd you do that? It looked kinda like lightning shot out of your hands ' Rikki asks in wonder, as she comes to rest beside her, her hair floating around her face.

' that happens when I'm really scared, which I obviously was at that time. I just hope the fish is okay, I didn't want to hurt him. ' Mirabelle explains still closing her eyes. She was still on edge.

' Im sure he's fine, traumatized for life, maybe, but fine nonetheless ' Rikki says easily, looking at the fish swim by.

They remain there in silence for a while, until Mirabelle speaks up.

' how is it possible that you can hear my thoughts, and I can hear yours? ' she turns to face Rikki, her face scrunches up in confusion.

' I don't know. I and Emma found out when we went swimming the other day. It was freaky then, and it's still freaky now. ' Rikki answers, as she turns to face Mirabelle, and sees her staring at her with a look she can't decipher. ' yes, Emma is a mermaid too. ' she adds for clarification.

' I know ' Mirabelle responds simply.

Rikki cocks her head with an eyebrow raised in surprise, or judgement, Mirabelle can't tell, so she goes to explain herself.

' I found out yesterday at Antoinette's party. I kinda saw everything that happened with Cleo. ' she says sheepishly, avoiding Rikki's hard stare.

' oh ' is all Rikki can think.

' I was going to talk to you at school today, but I didn't know what to say ' Mirabelle adds.

' is that why you kept staring at us at lunch? ' Rikki asks, thinking back to the incident In the cafeteria.

' yeah.. sorry about that, I guess I came off kinda like a creep huh.. ' Mirabelle thinks back with a shy smile on her face, as she smooths her hair back as it was coming to cloud her face again.

' kinda ' Rikki responds with a small smile too.

They are quiet for a while, then Mirabelle pipes up again.

' aren't you a little... I don't know... Wierded out by this? ' she thinks to Rikki, a little unsure of how to place her question.

' how so? '  Rikki thinks back confused.

' uh.. you know, me being a mermaid and all. Aren't you.. surprised? ' Mirabelle responds hesitantly, looking straight at Rikki.

' well, I'm still tryna process all of this. I mean, just three days ago, I thought I, Emma and Cleo were the only mermaids around. Finding out there's another is a lot to take in, and I guess I'm more relieved than anything else... ' Mirabelle cuts her off mid sentence.