Mermaid Intervention

Rikki was so lost in her thoughts, that she almost didn't hear her name being called out behind her. She knew that voice, and so logically she ignores it's owner. But of course, the said owner wouldn't stop calling her, and with each passing second her voice gets closer.

Rikki is tempted to ride faster, and loose the caller, but she knew it would be Petty of her. Plus, if it wasn't important that said caller wouldn't have been persistent. So, against her better judgement, she stops her bicycle to the side of the street and waits for her.

Emma stops beside her in a few heart beats.

" Didn't you hear me when I called? " She asks almost out of breath.

" I did. " Rikki responds simply uninterested.

" Then why didn't you stop? " Emma asks.

Rikki goes to respond, but Emma wave her off " never mind that. Cleo says we should meet her on the beach by the rocks " she states

Rikki furrows her eyebrows and looks at her wrist watch.

" It's only 4:35, I thought she told us to meet by 5:00, what's the rush? " She asks

" I don't know but she sounded urgent, come on. " Emma replies, and rides off towards the beach.

Rikki follows.

* *  *

When they get there, they see Cleo waiting, and nervously fiddling her fingers.

" Yo! Twiddle thumbs, what's wrong? " Rikki asks as they get closer.

" What took you guys so long, I've been waiting for hours! " Cleo exclaims frantically.

" Chill out will ya, princess just told me not too long ago " Rikki says pointing to Emma.

" Oh so it's my fault we're late " Emma retorts glaring

" Guys! There is no time for that now. We have more serious matters to attend to " Cleo snaps

This causes Emma and Rikki to stare at her in surprise. Cleo never snaps so this must be really important.

" Ok, I'm sorry Cleo, what's the matter? " Emma asks

" Something happened today, and I can't explain it, I didn't mean to, it just happened, I mean he was going to run us over with his bike, and I was scared, so I.... I...." Cleo begins frantic.

" Slow down Cleo, who... What are you talking about? " Rikki asks stepping forward, genuinely interested in what Cleo was saying.

" Let's sit down Cleo, then you can start from the beginning " Emma says, and helps Cleo sit on a boulder.

Rikki follows behind them.

When they sit, Cleo begins to narrate what went down between she, Lewis, and Zaine.

When she's half way through, Rikki interrupts " that stupid retard " she sneers.

Emma shoots her a look and then turns to Cleo " what happened next, Cleo? " She asks gently seeing how shaken up her friend is.

Cleo then explains what happened with the fire hydrant and how she ran away.

" Whoa.. " Rikki breathes

" Wait, you controlled the water in the hydrant..." Emma starts confizzled

" And knocked out that asshole Zaine, nice " Rikki interrupts thoroughly impressed

" Yes, don't make me feel worse than I already do " Cleo says with her face in her palms.

" Don't feel bad Cleo, Zaine deserves everything that happens to him. I really hope he has a concussion after this " Rikki says with a devious glint in her eyes.