The Research Facility.

****
January 25, 1989.

Oliver Simpson looked at the imperial building with so much happiness and pride, he could not believe that after five years of trying, since he was 13years old, he finally got accepted to work at the most prestigious research lab in all of Australia - The F.I.N.S. .
It had been all he ever wanted ever since he was just a boy.

For a lot of people his age, getting such a job was nothing more than a dream. Not only was The F.I.N.S.  the most prestigious organization in the science world, they also were the most discrete and also hired the best of the best to work for them, this was how they stayed at top the competition, even though in his opinion, there was no competition as The F.I.N.S. were untouchable.

The organization had a lot of branches across the continent, but everyone knew that the heart and soul of the organization was here on Mako island, the most mysterious and exotic island he'd ever known and probably will ever. The island had existed for some thousands of years now, and no one could really pinpoint it's origin. However, according to some local legends, the island fell from the sky, the moon to be exact, and was more special than anyone could imagine. Apparently it possessed properties that mankind could never fathom and was better left alone.

As far as he was concerned, that was a load of bull because science had no limits, and it was the key to unraveling the mysteries of this unique island. This was one of the reasons he was so eager to work at The F.I.N.S. he knew for a fact that they knew more about the island than they let on and he was determined to discover it all.

"Good morning, you must be Oliver Simpson, I am Dr. Jonathan Barr the head of this research center, welcome to the island." A young man, seemingly in his late 20s approaches Oliver, accompanied by two armed men.

"Good morning sir,it's a pleasure to meet you and an honor to be here." Oliver answers enthusiastically as he accepts Jonathan's handshake.

Jonathan smiles politely, and then gestures to a metal gate at the far right of the building, leading Oliver that way.

"The pleasure is all mine, and I have to admit that I was very impressed with your resumé, you have achieved quite a feat that it's almost impossible to believe you are just 18 years old." Jonathan says as they get on the elevator behind the metal gate.

Oliver can't help the grin that spreads across his face.
"Sir you're too kind, what I've achieved is nothing compared with you or this establishment, and I'm truly humbled to be here." He says coyly as the elevator begins to descend to the third floor beneath the building.

"That is true, and I assume that it wasn't that difficult giving that you're a certified genius or a wonder child if I might add." Jonathan states smoothly.

"I would like to say that it wasn't difficult, but I would be lying, this field is very precarious and uncertain, and being a genius doesn't mean I was handed everything on a platter. If anything I had to work twice as hard to prove myself to my contemporaries and the pressure never lessened. It was tough then, and I only imagine it getting tougher from here which is why I don't intend to relax my efforts." Oliver explains with determination, as he stares blindly at the elevator door.

The elevator is quiet for a bit until it dings and opens to reveal a brightly lit hallway with a door at the end of it, and one door on either side as well.

Once they step into the hall, Jonathan turns to Oliver with a small smile.
"I am glad to hear that Dr. Simpson, and you are absolutely right, it's only going to get harder from here on out so you can't afford to slack because this industry is very unforgiving and you wouldn't want to be forgotten now would you?" He asks calmly.

The Moon's Gift (H2o Just Add Water Fan Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें