One More Too Many.

The room remains deathly quiet for close to five minutes. Emma and Cleo still trying to process the new information, and Rikki and Mirabelle observing the two of them. Rikki, with a bored expression, and Mirabelle with a fearful one.

This was it. The moment Mirabelle had equally been anticipating and dreading. She felt like everything hung in the balance now, and that whatever happened, could either make or break her.

Rikki, on the other hand, didn't understand what all the hold up was. Mirabelle was a mermaid, big whoop, so were they, why were Emma and Cleo making such a big deal about it? They looked like they had been informed that an alien race was going to invade earth, and kill all humans. It was beginning to annoy her. What was more annoying however, was little miss twiddle thumbs, who looked about ready to pee herself, or puke, or both at the same time. She seemed as if she felt guilty for being a mermaid, like she'd committed some heinous crime, and Emma and Cleo we're here to incarcerate her. It was pathetic, and overall sad. Rikki didn't know anything about Mirabelle, but she could already tell that this chick could use a major confidence boost, even more so than Cleo, and that was saying something. Rikki knew what it was like to be like her, but that was a part of her past, she never wanted to revisit. She knew what it was like to crave the approval of others so badly, that you didn't care what you had to do or who you had to hurt to get it. Rikki didn't want that at all for Mirabelle or even her worst enemy. It was the most degrading thing in the world to live by other people's standards because the moment you're unable to reach it anymore, they dump you like the trash you always were to them.

Rikki, already fed up with the unnecessary silence, decides to speak up.

" Oy! What's the hold up, fish got your tongues or something? " She snaps at Emma and Cleo.

This shocks everyone back to the present, and they even jump a little. Mirabelle blinks rapidly, as if trying to clear tears from her eyes. Rikki gives her a wierd look.

" How long have you been a mermaid? " Cleo asks Mirabelle with an indecipherable expression on her face.

" About eight years now. " Mirabelle answers in a soft voice, as she takes in a deep breath to calm her nerves.

" Wow, it must have been hard going through that on your own, you were only a kid " Cleo says in awe as she goes to stand beside a nervous Mirabelle.

Emma remains quiet, her expression, cold.

" Yeah, it wasn't easy.. but I managed, somehow.. I'm just glad I don't have to continue alone anymore " Mirabelle says, now feeling a bit more relaxed with Cleo by her side. She could already tell who she'd be the closest to in the future.

This was a good sign for Mirabelle, even though Emma has been dreadfully quiet.

" Yeah, don't worry Mirabelle, you have us now, welcome to the cult " Rikki says, her eyes twinkling maniacally at the last comment. She stands up and gives Mirabelle a light tap on the shoulder, smirking.

" Cult? " Mirabelle asks a bit scared.

Cleo just laughs " don't mind her Mirabelle, we are most definitely not a cult " she says glaring playfully at Rikki.

Mirabelle gives a small smile " thanks. " She says to Rikki, and Cleo.

" Yo Emma, are you in shock or something? You've been pretty darn quiet for a while now, do we need to get a doctor? " Rikki asks smirking, coming to take Cleo's spot on the bed beside Emma.

" What's there to say? It seems that you've all decided, and my input, won't change anything, nor does it matter. " Emma finally says, her voice icy.