I wanted him to share with me and I had no idea why. It seemed as if I could help him. But the fact that we weren't that close stopped me from asking him, stopped me from showing my concern. Nikhil asked one of his staff to bring two hot cups of cappuccino for us. Thankfully, it was something I liked.

"Chetna Di told me you had an important meeting today." I initiated another conversation as I didn't like it when he was silent.

"The meeting got over in the morning and the rest of them are scheduled after five." He replied after the cappuccino was placed on our table by an elderly lady who smiled lovingly at us before leaving.

Nikhil and I ran out of topics to discuss. I was sipping the hot cappuccino looking out of the window when suddenly I felt someone's hand on my hair.

I moved back to which Nikhil replied, "Sorry, this piece of paper was stuck to your hair."

"Oh, thanks," I replied feeling so stupid of myself. The paper would have stuck for long and I was sitting like an idiot in front of him.

"Your hair is wet," he commented.

"Yeah, I took a shower not more than an hour ago." When he looked confused I replied timidly, "I got up a little late."

Nikhil looked at his watch and smiling showed the time to me which stated it was four-thirty and said, "A little late."

And again I had embarrassed myself in front of him. I felt as if I was setting records of embarrassing myself in front of Nikhil.

"I need to leave. I have a meeting in half an hour. Come, I will drop you home." He said.

"No, I will be fine. You will get late if you will come to drop me."

"They can wait for the CEO."

"But..." I was still speaking when Nikhil stood up and took up the stack of files kept on the table.

"Nikhil," I called but he was gone out of the cafe already. He kept them inside the car and opened the gate of the passenger door for me.

Nikhil dropped me at his house and then went to his office. I was completely fine with him and not for a moment I had that weird feeling of someone following me since our encounter in the cafe.

I realized I was just being paranoid and went inside the house.

After I dropped Anvi at the house I had to go through three meetings back to back

After I dropped Anvi at the house I had to go through three meetings back to back. Till I was done, I was exhausted but I still had an important issue to deal with, Dia.

I decided to meet her before heading towards home and to make her believe the truth she wasn't ready to believe.

I was still in my car outside Dia's house at eleven in the night. She was still not at home but I was determined to finish whatever was between us once and for all.