Chapter 43 Alliance

Start from the beginning

Makoto: It's a well made plan. It even takes putting an end to our team into consideration.

Akechi: I'm flattered to hear that.

Haru: Why are willing to do all this? Akechi, why do you seek justice?

Akechi: Good question. A sickening adult...My contempt for him drives my sense of justice. It isn't some grand reason like society's sake or some lofty ideal. It's simply an absurd grudge...and extremely personal.

Ann: That kind of reminds me of us.

Akechi: Maybe that's why I thought that I could ask this of you...Will you help me?

Akira: We will.

Akechi: I look forward to it. The Phantom Thieves final mission.

Haru: Mako...

Makoto: I'm fine. I bet part of the reason why I joined the Phantom Thieves is for this moment.

Ryuji: Now that it's settled, let's kick some ass!

Ann: Good thinking. I'm sick of being a punching bag lately.

Morgana: Yeah! There's plenty of asses for us to kick. So you guys better stay focused!

Akechi then looked at Morgana shocked.

Akechi: A talking cat?! W-Well, the Meta Verse does exist...So maybe I shouldn't argue it..

Morgana: Right.

Nhazul didn't say anything and smirked.

(Present)

Currently, Nhazul is still sitting in front of Sae, as she continued to interrogating him.

Sae: A Palace? In me? Not only that, Goro Akechi...? Then the Phantom Thieves targeted me as per his advice? 

Nhazul: Yep.

Sae: And he had already experienced the Meta verse by the time of the Okumura case? That can't be...I mean, he never said a word...Although, his attitude did change suddenly around that time. Akechi kept quiet about the most important details, and my own sister may be a Phantom Thief...If this is true, I was out of the loop the entire time I led the investigation... What a joke...

Sae then looked back at Nhazul.

Sae: So you became convinced of another's existence through the two mental shutdown cases. And if you were apprehended while falsely accused of those crimes, that villain would still be loose. That's why you targeted me? Nor for your own preservation?

Nhazul: I see someone is finally starting to catch on...

Sae: That does make sense, more or less. If you simply wanted to evade capture, triggering a change of heart wouldn't guarantee anything. Your actions as Phantom Thieves would still be met when hostility.

Nhazul: Almost there...

Sae's eye's then widened completely shocked.

Sae: No...If this villain does exist and is setting up your group...I would be targeted next.

Nhazul: Bingo...

Sae: Did Makoto come up with that speculation?

Nhazul: Who knows.

Sae: Perhaps I'm overthinking things...

Nhazul's vision started blurring again and almost passing out, but Sae stopped him.

Sae: Hey! Nhazul! You need to keep your focus!

Nhazul: With you screaming in my ear like that, how can I not...?