Working

Kazuichi's POV

I lifted up my head off of the desk. Weirdly enough Sonia and Gundam were super chill about me not going to the weirdass cafe today.

Finally I could be useful to someone.
I looked towards Fuyuhiko's desk and didn't see him.

What?

Where did he go?

I looked at Ibuki's and Peko's desks as well and didn't see either girl.

This was getting weird.

I started to freak out thinking about all the possibilities of why they left me alone.

My worries we're soon interrupted by the Yakuza's face appearing super close to mine, causing me to jolt.

I sat there for a second just staring at the large bandage on his eye. I felt so bad for him. Soon my thoughts were interrupted.

"I'm sorry about that Kazuichi, you were so quiet we almost forgot you were coming with us," he chuckled at his own words. I sighed and gathered my crap together.

"It's ok. I was asleep for the most part anyways," I reassured him. His shoulders, which I didn't even notice were tensed up, relaxed at my words.

Was he worried about me?

I got up and followed the shortie out the door. Which reminds me-

"You sure are short," I blurted out.

Shit I didn't mean to say that.

Fuyuhiko turned his head at me, a look of disgust relevant on his expression.

Uh oh.

"The fuck you say to me ya lil shit?" He asked, raising his voice at the word "shit." My eyes widened out of fear.

There it was.

The library.

Thank god for the library.

I didn't even notice myself shaking out of fear. For being such a short guy, Fuyuhiko sure is intimidating.

I opened up the door for us, letting the blonde go past me. He glared at me as he passed.

It kinda hurt my heart.

I eyed Ibuki and Peko sitting down at one of the tables seemingly talking about something important.

Keyword seemingly.

As I approached them I heard bits and pieces of their conversation.

"I just really don't like the idea of eating something so unnecessarily sweet. It's so unhealthy," I overheard Peko remark.

"PekoPekooooo that's so boring thoughhh! Don't you want some interesting stuff in your life. Ibuki hatessss being bored!" Ibuki whined soon after.

Peko and Ibuki noticed me standing there with Fuyuhiko approaching soon after, causing them to stop their conversation.

"Glad you could make it Kazuichi," Peko stated.

I grinned at her and sat down next to Ibuki.

"Kaz!! Ibuki missed you!" Ibuki exclaimed, trapping me in a warm hug. I smiled even brighter at her energy. I looked up and saw Fuyuhiko looking at me with a look of disgust.

Again.

What was up with him?

He slowly sat down next to Peko and opened up a book he brought.

Yazuka Fighting Styles

I read on the cover.

Weird.

You'd think that he would know that stuff already but I guess it makes sense.
I just pulled out my blueprint paper and started sketching a design for Peko's sword.

Fuyuhiko's POV

I don't know why I thought Kazuichi would be the one to never bring up my height, but I did. My false pretenses was ruined, however, by the fact he fucking asked me about it.

I'm not gonna lie here, it hurt like shit.
Height has always been one of my biggest insecurities no matter how much I try to say it's not. And having that dumbass mechanic bring it up really hurt.

A lot.

I sighed and focused my attention back on my book. I needed a refresher on fighting people so I didn't fuck this project up for everyone.

I've never had good experience with group projects so I was super nervous about this one.

The last group project I got into a fight with the group leader, ending with me getting kicked out of the group. Somehow my dad heard about this occurrence and sent people to that poor kids home. Ever since then I've opted to only work alone.

I don't want to see the fear in someone else's eyes because of me or my clan. That's what scared me the most.

I sighed and returned back to my book. I moved my eyes over the page trying to learn everything about fighting styles and how to defend yourself.

I have to admit, I'm super nervous fighting Peko.

I'm not really skilled at this sort of stuff so I was seriously scared.

No I'm not scared.

I'm a fucking Yakuza.

I groaned and tilted my chair back in attempt to stretch out my back.

Kazuichi lifted up his head from his blueprint and just stared at me.

He stared at me for an uncomfortable amount of time causing me to finally break the silence.

"The hell you want, bastard?" I spat out, my tone a bit too harsh in my opinion.

He jolted, causing him to snap out of whatever trance he was in.

"Fuyuhiko, do you want me to make you some sort of weapon to use?" He asked. I thought to myself for a second, tapping my chin.

"Nah, I want a fuckin' challenge," I smirked at him. Kazuichi just shrugged and went back to his work.

I at least wanted a smile back.

I sighed and went back to my reading, passing time until an announcement went off announcing:

"It's time for everyone to leave the school. It's shutting down in ten minutes. I repeat Hope's Peak Academy is closing in ten minutes."

I lifted my head from my book and closed it, packing it up in my bag soon after. I turned to Peko and told her it's time to leave. Ibuki and Kazuichi did the same thing.

Soon enough, the four of us were out the building and heading back home.

Boy was I in store for what was awaiting me at home.

Authors note- once again I'm writing this in class!! are we really surprised!? no. no we aren't. Anyways, we finally have some movement with the project. They sure are working harder than I am in a current group project. My group just won't tell me what they want me to do so I feel super useless lmaooo. anyways have good day! bye bye