Nightmares

TW: F-slur and panic attack
Kazuichi's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating buckets.

What the fuck did I just see?

I tried to come up with some sort of recollection of the dream I just had, but couldn't come up with anything.

All I know is that it was jarring enough to wake me up. I turned over and looked at the peaceful sleeping Fuyuhiko. He really doesn't look like the ultimate Yakuza like that, I thought to myself. I turned back around and stared up at the ceiling.

I'm exhausted.

I sat up and walked to the middle to the room, laying down on my back. The hard floor was much more comparable to my bed at home, so it felt a bit more comforting as weird as that may seem.
I closed my eyes and soon fell back asleep.

"Kazuichi"

"Hey fag, wake your ass up"

"Get your ass the fuck out of here bitch!"

I woke up again, finally remembering my dream. It was my dad. It was always my dad.

Fuck

Fuxk

fuxk

fuckxs

ficks

I started hyperventilating and crying silently to myself. I clasped my hand over my mouth making sure not to make any sort of noise.

I heard Fuyuhiko move slightly, but that was the least of my worries. My brain was focused on my dad and what he'll do to me when I get home.

All of a sudden I felt arms around me. I immediately swat them away, hitting whoever the attacker was in the face.
I look up and realize what I've done.
I just slapped a Yakuza, the ultimate yakuza, in the face.

Fuyuhiko's POV:

I just stared wide eyed at Kazuichi. I know I don't know him all that well, but I was not expecting that. Him hitting me seemed to get him out of whatever sort of attack he was having because his expression changed from terrified to extremely worried.

I slowly reached out my hand towards him, half expecting him to swat it away again but instead he toke hold of it, his grip tight. I squeezed his hand reassuringly and looked him in the eyes.

"What happened?" I asked him, concern laced in my voice.

Kazuichi broke eye contact and looked down. He mumbled something inaudible so I decided to drop the topic.

Kazuichi just sighed and leaned his head against my chest.

"I'm really sorry Fuyuhiko. I'm sorry you have to deal with all my bullshit." he muttered. I grabbed his head and looked him dead in the eyes. He seemed to tremble slightly under my touch, but I pushed it off for now.

"Kazuichi never apologize for having a panic attack, it isn't your fault, ok?"
I felt Kazuichi nod as he looked up at me, lifting his head up from my chest.

"Thank you Fuyuhiko, you're seriously a lifesaver."

Little did I know that he meant lifesaver literally then.