Overthinking

TW: panic attack

Kazuichi's POV

Soon enough I finished fixing up Fuyuhiko. He looked exhuasted.

"So, what happened?" I asked curiously. Fuyuhiko looked at me with dull eyes.

"Eh, it's nothing," he mumbled, mostly to himself but I could still hear him.

"You promised you'd tell me after I finished helping with your eye."

Fuyuhiko flinched a bit, sighing.

"Fine, you got me. M-my," he stumbled over his words and let out a groan in frustration. "Dammit I can't talk. Fuckin hell. My parents were fighting. I tried to stop it. My dad started to throw a vase at my mom, but I blocked it just in time and got hit in my eye. Happy?"

He was pissed . I felt awful for even asking in the first place.

"I'm so sorry Fuyuhiko," I whispered to myself, griping my clothes in my fists. Fuyuhiko just shrugged.

"It's fine Kazuichi. Don't worry about it, ok?"

He patted my back, causing me to look up into his golden eyes. They were watery. He was trying so hard not to cry. Then I did the unthinkable.
I tackled him in a hug and rubbed his back.

"Hey Fuyuhiko, you know it's ok to cry, right? I won't judge. You've seen me in a worse state. Just trust me, let it all out,"

Fuyuhiko's POV

Those words were like a slap in the face. At that point, my tough guy act dropped completely. I bawled like a baby into the mechanic's shoulder.

All my emotions just poured out of me.

Kazuichi was right.

It felt nice.

Soon enough I was dehydrated from all my tears.

I lifted up my face from Kazuichi's tear stained shoulder and stared at him.

"Thank you so much Kazuichi. I think I'm ready to go back home. Thank you again," I said, staring him dead in his eyes.

Kazuichi avoided my eye contact and just rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah of course dude. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to," he grinned at me.

I returned the smile and slowly got off the bench. Kazuichi did the same.

We waved at each other and went our separate ways.

Kazuichi POV

I had never seen Fuyuhiko like that. It was almost like he was a different person completely. I felt awful for him.

Soon enough I got back to my house, my dad's car still not there. My thoughts were still clouded with Fuyuhiko. His parents were fighting? So they do it often? Why didn't they just divorce if it's this bad? Is there something more to why he left? He could've just gotten Peko to help him out?

"ARGH!" I groaned in frustration. I know he said not to worry about it, but I just can't help it. He's like my best friend, well, besides Ibuki.

OH RIGHT! I'll text Ibuki about this.

✨Ibuki✨

Hey Ibuki!
Can I ask you about smtn??

Ibuki would love to help!
What's up Kaz?

Uhhh, so I want to help Fuyuhiko with smtn
but idk how
I keep worrying abt him for no reason too hhhh
Any suggestions??

Hmmmmm
Ibuki thinks you like Fuyu a lot!
What's his problem?

Um
That's a bit more personal idk if he'd want you to know
no offense

ahhhh
that's ok!
well, him opening up abt smtn is a start!
from there, Ibuki's not sure
Ibuki could ask Peko?

No it's ok
thank you so much for the help Ibuki
I really appreciate it!

Of course!
Ibuki loves to help:-D

I turned off my phone and groaned once again. Well that got me nowhere. Maybe I'll think about it more in the morning.

I glanced at the clock. It was super late, like one am. I decided to just head to sleep, getting under my worn down covers.

Soon enough I dozed off.

Fuyuhiko's POV

I can't believe I cried in front of Kazuichi.

What if he told someone!

What would happen.

Oh my god.

I would be ruined.

I'm such a disgrace. I'm such a disgrace. I'm such a disappointment. Disappointment. Disappointment. Failure. I'm a failure.

"AH!" I flinched at the touch of someone's hand on my shoulder.

"Fuyuhiko, are you ok?" Peko asked me worriedly.

I nodded at her and got off the floor.
Since when was I on the floor?

"You had a panic attack," Peko explained. She must have seen the confusion in my face. I thanked her quickly and sat in my bed.

Maybe I can text him.

I looked at the clock. Two am. Maybe he's awake still?

Kazuichi🌞

Hey Kazuichi, can we talk?

No response.

I sighed and put my phone down next to my pillow and laid down.

I'll think about it tomorrow, I told myself. I pulled my comforter on top of me and closed my eyes.

Soon enough I dozed off.

AUTHOR'S NOTEEEE WOOOO!  A longer chapter for you guys! I was super bored in my AP psych class so I decided to write instead lmaoo. Anyways, I made Fuyuhiko show an emotion besides anger 😳✊! How do we feel about that! Also, the panic attack was written similar to how I have panic attacks, except I pull myself out of them not Peko lmao. Anyways I might be adding a few other angsty things in the next few chapters. Don't worry I'll have warnings for them! Also stan Ibuki and Kazuichi's friendship. I love it! Anyways have a great day guys!!