Saved :-)

TW mention of neglect

Kazuichi POV

Fuyuhiko just pulled me along as he kept running and running. I was confused.

Was he following me?

How did I not notice-

My thoughts were interrupted by an abrupt stop.

"Sorry man, I gotta catch my breath," Fuyuhiko panted. He put his hands on his knees and took a deep breath.

"We can walk if you want," I suggested. He looked at me and thanked me.

We walked to god knows where in silence.

Time Skip

Eventually, we arrived at a huge house. I gasped at the sight of it, causing my kidnapper to glance at me in confusion.

Well, savior not kidnapper.

He invites me inside. I look around in awe at the place. It sure was fancy. I followed him up two flights of stairs and into what I assume is his bedroom. I was nervous as hell.  I saw Peko and a girl with blond hair, probably family, sitting on one of the beds talking. Peko glances at me while the other girl turned around and stared.

"Uh, this is Kazuichi. He's in my class. He's gonna stay here for the night. Peko, is it ok if you stay with Natsumi tonight?" Fuyuhiko explained. Peko nodded her head and left with who I know now as Natsumi.

"Hey, are you sure this is ok?" I asked nervously. Fuyuhiko turned and looked at me.

"Yea, it will be fine. I'm sorry for not letting you at first." He paused for a second before resuming. "Why didn't Ibuki let you?"

"Uh," I stammered. I didn't want to tell him the truth. "Well, she just wasn't allowed to have a friend over."

I couldn't just say what Ibuki actually told me. She told me that she wasn't ever allowed to have anyone over because her parents were never home or got home extremely late. They basically neglect her.

Fuyuhiko shrugged and sat on his bed.

"You can use Peko's, she won't mind," he said. I noticed how exhausted he looked, but pushed it off as being normal.

I sat down and gently put my bag on the bed. I sighed to myself deeply.

Fuyuhiko's POV

I watched Kazuichi as he got himself settled in. He looked so worn out. I felt awful for him. I soon followed suit and got into my own bed.

"Hey Fuyuhiko," Kazuichi started. I stared at the the plastic stars on the ceiling.

"Yea?"

"Thank you."

Kazuichi turned to face me, a small smile plastered on his face. I nodded at him and gave him one of my rare smiles back.

Soon enough I could hear the calm breathing of Kazuichi as he drifted off to sleep, myself doing the same soon afterwards.