Second Day

TW
domestic abuse

Kazuichi's POV

I woke up to the sound a birds chirping. Finally not the sound of screaming or things breaking. I quickly got on my uniform. I saw a small pile of paper scraps on the floor, but ignored it. I quietly tiptoed to the door.

"WHAT DYA THINK YOU'RE DOIN, HUH?!" I heard a slurred voice behind me. I felt a hand on my shoulder and freezed.

Nonononononnononoononononononononononononono

I turned around quickly to see him. The monster that lives downstairs. My dad. I stared at him eyes wide and started trembling. I felt an intense pain in my cheek before I could even react. Tears spilled out of my eyes not stopping. I took this opportunity and ran out the already opened door.

I slowed down after about ten minutes of full sprinting. Oh my god. That's gonna show.

People are gonna find out people will know they'll call me weak they'll know they'll all know-

My thoughts were interrupted by a slight tap on my shoulder. I jolted and looked back.

Ibuki was standing there, head cocked and a worried expression on her face.

"Are you ok Kazuichi?" She asked calmly, her hand still on my shoulder. I shook a little bit and smiled a large fake smile.

"Yes I'm ok haha," I grimaced, the pain in my cheek apparent, the redness in my eyes very noticeable. Ibuki sighed and walked to stand next to me.

"Let's walk together, ok?" She reassured me. I exhaled deeply and smiled a genuine smile at her. She was a great person.

Fuyuhiko's POV

I was ready and in my uniform by the time Peko woke up. She stared at me with a confused and tired look but then got out of bed to get herself ready.
Soon enough, Peko came out of the bathroom ready and dressed. We looked at each other and then walked out the door.

"How was your sleep last night, Peko?" I asked, trying to start a conversation.

"It was fine, seems you didn't get any sleep though. Are you ok?" She asked, spinning the conversation to being about me. I sighed deeply and shrugged.

"Yea, I couldn't fall asleep last night. I'm not sure why..." that last part wasn't a complete truth, but Peko didn't need to worry herself about me.

We walked the rest of the way to school in an awkward silence. I just didn't have enough energy to keep talking.

The two of us walked into the classroom, Peko in front of me. I sighed and walked to my seat. I glanced to my left and didn't see either Ibuki or Kazuichi. Weird.

Soon enough the rest of the class came in, except for Kazuichi and Ibuki. A few seconds passed and the bell rang, causing Ibuki and Kazuichi to sprint inside the classroom and drop onto their seats. I glanced over at Ibuki who gave me a wide grin and thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the teacher. Those dumbasses.