forty-three

As soon as the bell rang to signal the end of lesson I was up and out of class, practically charging down the corridors towards the dungeons where our Common Room was. I had so many questions.

  I shoved my way through the door that led to the common room and instantly blurted, "Why didn't you-"

"He's not here,"Pansy started from the couch HE normally sat, she was sat in HIS spot.
"So, where is he?"I asked impatiently, shifting from one foot to the other as I waited for an answer, she scoffed under her breath before pulling herself up and shrugging lightly, "Dunno."

Before I could ask another question she had already brushed past me and left for next lesson, I exhaled lightly and took myself over to the couch and sat down- I was willing to wait for him if I had to.

~*~
After an hour and a half the door squeaked open, I knew it had to be him because everyone else was in lesson.  I sat forward and shook my head to wake myself up a bit before I started on him.

He paused at the sight of me and something about the way he looked at me and the guilt written all over his face because he knew that i knew  what his father was and that he was trying to hide it from me made pools of water form in my eyes.
  "Why didn't you tell me?"I asked quietly as he hesitantly sat down opposite me.

  "Because I didn't want it to scare you."He admitted, looking down to his hands and fidgeting with a piece of string, that made me notices the large scabs coating his knuckles like he had been punching something.

"Why would it scare me?"I almost scoffed.

"Why wouldn't it? He hates Mud- muggle-borns, and if he saw you with me he'd kill you without any hesitation,liv."He started, dropping his head in his hands and sitting forward.

"why would he see me with you?"I retorted sharply,i was still annoyed about the fact that everyone knew about his family apart from me, made me look pathetic.

His eyes sunk as i said that and he scoffed and shook his head, "He wouldn't." he then stood up and turned his back to me, did i say something?

"Wait-"I said quickly, my confidence dropping as i got up- practically chasing him.

He paused and turned back round to me, "Is your mum-a-you know.."

"Spit it out."He snapped, his pale blonde eyebrows furrowing.
"Death eater."

"Why? scared?"He said his voice deepening and he towered over me- for the first time he actually scared me.
"Scared?"I hesitated, taking a step back, my ankle hitting the leg of the couch
"You think just because my father's a deatheater, I am- dont you?"He growled through gritted teeth taking a step towards me. i could feel the sweat dribbling down my back as my heart dropped. He moved his arm and I flinched, this made the whole anger on his face fade away.
He quickly stepped back and i could breathe again- this made me angry that he saw me at my weakest.

"Well- i-uhm.."I stuttered quickly looking for words to fire back at him.
his expression softened even more as he watched my face turn red.
"-Fuck you, Draco."I finally spat before snatching my scarf from the arm of the couch and storming off past him, he turned and reached out to grab me but just missed and our hands brushed against eachothers